Let me clear my throat...

Discussions for the Keller Stargell League.
bpearly69

Re: Let me clear my throat...

Post by bpearly69 »

pecker247 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:26 pm Very convenient.
Did I ruin your case of wanting to post some trade that wasn’t complained about?
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

You've lost me.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

I liked your post but that new trade is scrap, again. Why won't anyone offer me great deals like that?? Lol...probably because I don't ask to rip people off.
Reagan1980

Post by Reagan1980 »

You have received a trade offer from the Montreal Saints.

Trade:
Dutch Blackburn, P

Acquire:
Rick Rhoden, P
Draft Pick: 2004 - Round 2 (MON)
Draft Pick: 2003 - Round 2 (MON)

Let’s me see I just traded away 2 1rd pick and 2 Rd pick for my guy 🤬
I be saying no to this trade

Feel I deserve a 2rd pick just for getting my time wasted from this owner there should be some type of I’m upset with an other button let’s have a bench clearing brawl ! Must of the time I just decline and keep my mouth shout I don’t want the drama but these type of moves should have consequences!
Wookieboy

Post by Wookieboy »

pecker247 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:03 pm Ok, this has gotten beyond ridiculous with these allegations and childish comments. Even though I don't feel I should have to I am going to clear the air a little bit here.

1. Denbone- It is true that I paid for Denbone's league fees a long time ago, but does anyone care to know why? Denbone I hope I don't embarrass you here because that's not my intention. I paid his league fees because he was very low on money at the time and we was going to have to quit simdynasty. He said he only was low for another week or two and then he would be fine so I paid for him to stay. I told him he didn't have to pay me back and he can consider it a gift because everyone knows what it's like to go through hard times. He ended up paying me back anyway. That's it nothing more to it. Not connected to any trades or anything else. I will do it again if I have to.

I don't personally know Denbone. He doesn't live anywhere close to me, but I know where he lives and he knows where I live. He likes to trade and I like to trade. We both get bored sometimes and we trade with each other. Mainly because the trading pool is so light.

2. I will offer trades to other owners. I rarely get trades offered to me so that forces me to offer trades. If you want to talk about owners not offering good trades there is a handful of owners(not naming names) in this league that offer really really bad offers so for me to always get singled out is kind of comical. I don't have some magical formula. I don't wine and dine anyone. I offer trades, they accept, deny or counter and the process is repeated. I know I have been very very lucky to have the longest run of my career, but to say it's all because of trades is an ignorant thing to say. I have gotten lucky with some draft picks and lucky with some developments as well.

3. I was the cause of a league folding? That's interesting since I have been in only 5 total leagues. One of those leagues was the old Charlie Keller league that merged with this one. All of the other leagues that I am in or was in are still going strong so not sure where this crazy idea came from. I was one of the original Charlie Keller owners when it started in 1950.

4. I do take pride in being a good owner. It's taken a long time to get to where I am at and I am still learning how to be better. There will always be haters out there that don't like it when other people succeed. It comes with the territory. Maybe it's jealousy or maybe they are always just angry people anyway. I have never bragged about winning and I was never a sore winner or sore loser. This is an escape from the trials of real life and I treat it was such.

5. I have tried to be an advocate and I have tried to help other owners whenever possible. When other owners ask for advice I try to give them honest advice to help their team. Most don't take the advice or maybe they think I am giving them bad advice, but I will help anyone that asks me. I like to see people succeed and I will help others do that when I can. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true.

6. I understand that there will always be a target on my head and I am sure that is done by design with some owners. Everyone wants to win a trade that they are in and sometimes that's hard to define in the moment. Losing youth to gain major league ready players is sometimes a great short term win, but a long term loss. Putting value on trades is hard even for the best of owners because there are so many unknowns sometimes.

Now cue the ugly comments...
All of this just is just poison in my ears.. always misleading and longer-term deception.... and now that Eragon has awaken from slumber to support you Pecker , Tags had not responded recently but suddenly just giving away vets recently...i am also hoping that LA (Denbone will recover from his mistakes with STL).. I'm not sure if there any thing else I have missed

Now that Reagon is buddy buddy with Pecker verbally In the forums and with the current trade for Blackburn I just wonder how long before STL acquires..
eragon

Post by eragon »

Wookieboy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:26 am
pecker247 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:03 pm Ok, this has gotten beyond ridiculous with these allegations and childish comments. Even though I don't feel I should have to I am going to clear the air a little bit here.

1. Denbone- It is true that I paid for Denbone's league fees a long time ago, but does anyone care to know why? Denbone I hope I don't embarrass you here because that's not my intention. I paid his league fees because he was very low on money at the time and we was going to have to quit simdynasty. He said he only was low for another week or two and then he would be fine so I paid for him to stay. I told him he didn't have to pay me back and he can consider it a gift because everyone knows what it's like to go through hard times. He ended up paying me back anyway. That's it nothing more to it. Not connected to any trades or anything else. I will do it again if I have to.

I don't personally know Denbone. He doesn't live anywhere close to me, but I know where he lives and he knows where I live. He likes to trade and I like to trade. We both get bored sometimes and we trade with each other. Mainly because the trading pool is so light.

2. I will offer trades to other owners. I rarely get trades offered to me so that forces me to offer trades. If you want to talk about owners not offering good trades there is a handful of owners(not naming names) in this league that offer really really bad offers so for me to always get singled out is kind of comical. I don't have some magical formula. I don't wine and dine anyone. I offer trades, they accept, deny or counter and the process is repeated. I know I have been very very lucky to have the longest run of my career, but to say it's all because of trades is an ignorant thing to say. I have gotten lucky with some draft picks and lucky with some developments as well.

3. I was the cause of a league folding? That's interesting since I have been in only 5 total leagues. One of those leagues was the old Charlie Keller league that merged with this one. All of the other leagues that I am in or was in are still going strong so not sure where this crazy idea came from. I was one of the original Charlie Keller owners when it started in 1950.

4. I do take pride in being a good owner. It's taken a long time to get to where I am at and I am still learning how to be better. There will always be haters out there that don't like it when other people succeed. It comes with the territory. Maybe it's jealousy or maybe they are always just angry people anyway. I have never bragged about winning and I was never a sore winner or sore loser. This is an escape from the trials of real life and I treat it was such.

5. I have tried to be an advocate and I have tried to help other owners whenever possible. When other owners ask for advice I try to give them honest advice to help their team. Most don't take the advice or maybe they think I am giving them bad advice, but I will help anyone that asks me. I like to see people succeed and I will help others do that when I can. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true.

6. I understand that there will always be a target on my head and I am sure that is done by design with some owners. Everyone wants to win a trade that they are in and sometimes that's hard to define in the moment. Losing youth to gain major league ready players is sometimes a great short term win, but a long term loss. Putting value on trades is hard even for the best of owners because there are so many unknowns sometimes.

All of this just is just poison in my ears.. always misleading and longer-term deception.... and now that Eragon has awaken from slumber to support you Pecker , Tags had not responded recently but suddenly just giving away vets recently...i am also hoping that LA (Denbone will recover from his mistakes with STL).. I'm not sure if there any thing else I have missed

Now that Reagon is buddy buddy with Pecker verbally In the forums and with the current trade for Blackburn I just wonder how long before STL acquires..
Uh, what?
How did I support Pecker lol?
Reagan1980

Post by Reagan1980 »

Wookieboy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:26 am

Oh Wookiee , I’m just trying to win one for the Gip-per ! You know I’m your Han Solo. And this is all a big game of Sabboc :D
Time to make this game great again ! It way better way of playing baseball and there no crying in baseball if the Dodgers make a great trade do other teams try to overturn it no ! So stop complaining everyone and ante up ! Was told my prestige wasn’t high enough to be a good player !
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

Reagan1980 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:36 pm You have received a trade offer from the Montreal Saints.

Trade:
Dutch Blackburn, P

Acquire:
Rick Rhoden, P
Draft Pick: 2004 - Round 2 (MON)
Draft Pick: 2003 - Round 2 (MON)

Let’s me see I just traded away 2 1rd pick and 2 Rd pick for my guy 🤬
I be saying no to this trade

Feel I deserve a 2rd pick just for getting my time wasted from this owner there should be some type of I’m upset with an other button let’s have a bench clearing brawl ! Must of the time I just decline and keep my mouth shout I don’t want the drama but these type of moves should have consequences!
You publicly blast and mock people on the form and then wonder why owners trade block you? Your time wasted? Seems like you have a lot of that as you own 50 teams...
Reagan1980

Post by Reagan1980 »

http://www.simdynasty.com/blocktrades.jsp
Those are the only trade blocks against me it 32 teams by the way http://www.simdynasty.com/owner.jsp?owner=Slvanlae

And your offers are some of the worst in the game I know the trade market in every league I’m in! I know who the sell are and who the buyers are and what prices there willing to pay! my offers are fair. I’m just trying to win one for the Gipper !

Peace though Strength, I suggest you tear down your wall! Though if we never have to trade again it doesn’t hurt me it only hurts you ! good luck this off-season everyone !

http://www.simdynasty.com/tradevote.jsp These are the rules there is none of that with any of my trades
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

Reagan1980 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:45 am http://www.simdynasty.com/blocktrades.jsp
Those are the only trade blocks against me it 32 teams by the way http://www.simdynasty.com/owner.jsp?owner=Slvanlae

And your offers are some of the worst in the game I know the trade market in every league I’m in! I know who the sell are and who the buyers are and what prices there willing to pay! my offers are fair. I’m just trying to win one for the Gipper !

Peace though Strength, I suggest you tear down your wall! Though if we never have to trade again it doesn’t hurt me it only hurts you ! good luck this off-season everyone !

http://www.simdynasty.com/tradevote.jsp These are the rules there is none of that with any of my trades
Your persuasive and insightful diatribe has convinced me. I'll remove the trade block.

Return to “Keller Stargell League”