Trade 1715521

Discussions for the Keller Stargell League.
WillyD

Re: Trade 1715521

Post by WillyD »

pecker247 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:15 pm I was very careful in the way I crafted the last trade with Denbone. If you or anyone actually looked at the trade itself then you probably would of noticed that the trade was a fair trade. I mean I gave him a 22 year old B+ overall pitcher and a 1st rounder plus some throw ins for 24 year old B+ overall and a 29 year old bat that was a former 4th round pick. In reality the pitchers are a wash, but the one I got is 2 years older so it's really the 29 year old bat for a 1st rounder and I have seen trades over and over in this league where trades like that happen. Are you really mad that the pitcher I got will end up being C+ A+? There are no stallions in this trade either way.
Carefully crafted? Yes, to trick Denbone (not that hard to do)

Fair trade? It wasn't close to fair.

22 year old B+ pitcher? A+/C at that age is worth at most a mid to late 2nd rounder.

Throw-ins? Better known as complete garbage.

24 year old B+ pitcher? C/A+ is worth an early 2nd rounder if not a playoff 1st.

Former 4th round pick? Yes, but quite hypocritical for you to mention that. You constantly say that in defense of your waiver wire offers.

Pitchers are a wash? Sorry, only Denbone, and maybe Maze would buy that.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

So the 24 year old C A+ pitcher is worth a 2nd rounder or playoff 1st?

So is the trade then my 1st rounder for that C A+ pitcher and then my OS22 pitcher for the 29 year old bat. On what planet would that not be a fair trade then? You just admitted that the pitcher that I got isn't worth a lot so giving my a 1st rounder is on the higher end of what you thought was fair value. Wouldn't a B+ 22 year old pitcher be fair value for a 29 year old bat then?
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Because he'll end up C+/A+ or better. That's a solid pitcher, and certainly better than a guy that winds up at best A+/B- (low B-)

The entire SimD site knows that control is more important then velocity. Well, except for Dendone, and apparently the 2 people that trade with him all the time...

That 29 year old bat is worth more than the entire package you gave Denbone.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

A 29 year old bat is worth a 1st rounder and a B+ 22 year old pitcher... Right. He's not even an elite hitter so that's reaching too far WillyD. I drafted the 22 year old pitcher myself. He wasn't picked off the waiver wire. I personally drafted him. Now you can say all day long that you don't think that was a good draft pick and that's fine, but there is value in a pitcher that has already maxed out on Velocity at age 22. The ERA's for an A+B- guy and a C+ A+ guy will be similar for their careers, but my 22 year old will have more value because he's a starter and he has 2 extra years of play.

If we were in a different league with different owners and someone made a trade like this then no one would of said a word about it. That is a fact and you and I both know about some trades that have happened that no one said a word about and weren't exactly great trades for certain owners.
bpearly69

Post by bpearly69 »

I mean.. it’s a great pick if you know with a few years of development you can consistently keep ripping off the same owner
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

bpearly69 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:32 pm I mean.. it’s a great pick if you know with a few years of development you can consistently keep ripping off the same owner
LOL...That's great. Good Point!
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

pecker247 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:54 pm A 29 year old bat is worth a 1st rounder and a B+ 22 year old pitcher... Right. He's not even an elite hitter so that's reaching too far WillyD. I drafted the 22 year old pitcher myself. He wasn't picked off the waiver wire. I personally drafted him. Now you can say all day long that you don't think that was a good draft pick and that's fine, but there is value in a pitcher that has already maxed out on Velocity at age 22. The ERA's for an A+B- guy and a C+ A+ guy will be similar for their careers, but my 22 year old will have more value because he's a starter and he has 2 extra years of play.

If we were in a different league with different owners and someone made a trade like this then no one would of said a word about it. That is a fact and you and I both know about some trades that have happened that no one said a word about and weren't exactly great trades for certain owners.
You've told me on multiple occasions that you don't consider A+/B pitchers to be any good. This is all gamesmanship on your part. You know A+/C pitchers have little value to anyone except Denbone or Maze. In any other league, you'd be laughed at for even attempting to justify this trade.
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

WillyD wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:28 pm
pecker247 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:54 pm A 29 year old bat is worth a 1st rounder and a B+ 22 year old pitcher... Right. He's not even an elite hitter so that's reaching too far WillyD. I drafted the 22 year old pitcher myself. He wasn't picked off the waiver wire. I personally drafted him. Now you can say all day long that you don't think that was a good draft pick and that's fine, but there is value in a pitcher that has already maxed out on Velocity at age 22. The ERA's for an A+B- guy and a C+ A+ guy will be similar for their careers, but my 22 year old will have more value because he's a starter and he has 2 extra years of play.

You've told me on multiple occasions that you don't consider A+/B pitchers to be any good. This is all gamesmanship on your part. You know A+/C pitchers have little value to anyone except Denbone or Maze. In any other league, you'd be laughed at for even attempting to justify this trade.
He is laughed at here also.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

:lol:

That's why I have two of those similar type players in my starting 5 and in my minors right now. I wanted the C A+ guy not because he's awesome. I wanted him because he's a lefty.

You guys really really want to pick on me. I guess I should feel special.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

pecker247 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:00 pm That's why I have two of those similar type players in my starting 5 and in my minors right now. I wanted the C A+ guy not because he's awesome. I wanted him because he's a lefty.
More lies. You don't have anything close to A+/C in your lineup. And you wanted him (the C/A+ guy) because he's better than the A+/C stiff that you've tried (and failed) to trade to Denbone 3 times already. Give it up man. You've been completely exposed so many times already, the pathetic excuses and smokescreen responses are really getting tiresome. Find someone else to trade with besides LAA. If you actually care about this league, you would stop immediately. Your actions show that you don't.

Return to “Keller Stargell League”