Looking to maximize run

Discussions for the Keller Stargell League.
bpearly69

Looking to maximize run

Post by bpearly69 »

All draft picks for 91 draft and 92 draft are up for trade, along with any prospect I currently have,
pecker247

Re: Looking to maximize run

Post by pecker247 »

Any help that you get probably won't improve your team. You already have a monster team as it is. It can be argued that it's already the best team in the major leagues. I am FORCED to try and make trades to stay competitive. I would like to point out that a lot of my players have been home grown, drafted, developed etc. Here are some examples.

Michael Ruppert-10th overall pick.
Willie Criss-20th overall pick
Mark Hudson-22nd overall pick
Ante Cuvalo-20th overall pick
Gus Berra-14th overall pick
Lloyd Pawelek-14th overall pick
Hector Voleria-10th overall pick

Out of my major league pitching staff I only have two players that were picked in the top 5(2nd overall and 5th overall). Both of those were acquired through trade. Most competitive teams have a lot of players picked in the top 5.

Out of the hitters I have exactly 2 players that were in the top 10 of any draft. One of those players is 37 years old and the other is 35 years old. Here is what we have for picks for the hitting staff.

14th
17th
15th
16th
17th
13th
44th
15th
14th
28th
44th
38th

As you can see I have been patching together a team and trying to fill voids with development. I have Mike Sullivan who I drafted with the 13th overall pick in my minors and he will be a stallion, but it took a lot of development and a lot of luck.

I don't think anyone could of anticipated that LA would of had the last pick. Looking at his team he has some nice young assets and has gotten some more nice young assets from me. It's always a bonus when you get a really good pick from a trade, but this was unexpected. I am not complaining, but I wasn't expecting it. Most of you know that I try to remain as active as I can, but this league has a lot of great teams and it's hard to keep up sometimes. Most owners know that I am willing to trade, but I do have to send out the majority of the offers. I haven't looked at all of the other teams, but I don't have a lot of top 10 picks on my major league staff which is pretty rare when you are competing.
Slvanlae

Re: Looking to maximize run

Post by Slvanlae »

You don't need to explain or be apologetic. You kick a$$ at this game. Congrats!

Return to “Keller Stargell League”