I wish i could....

Discussions for the Joe Jackson League.
danno38852

I wish i could....

Post by danno38852 »

Link the last 10 drafts in the merged Speaker Wilson League. It would make everyone in this league appreciate that the merger failed. I researched the 12th overall pick each draft... AWFUL !!! This pick is half way through the round in a 24 team league. I`ve been in this league many seasons. The ONLY reason I hang on is the challenge and it is that. Just my 2 cents FWIW but it is based on personal experience.
ratman44

Re: I wish i could....

Post by ratman44 »

I think when the drafts are poor it makes it more challenging.

I think the talent distribution in these leagues are too high.

How many WS teams have what you would consider an A or A- player in every spot of the lineup. Then there are teams in some leagues that have 5 backup A- sitting on the bench. How many real teams have that, I would say none.
Michael1

Re: I wish i could....

Post by Michael1 »

I am in the SWL. I went back over the past 10 12 picks. I don't think they were awful. Remember there are a bunch of factors in drafting. You set up a preference board, unless your 1-1 your board won't stay together. Also some folks draft the foreign players as a matter of course and don't build with teens in the minors. Others like to only build and trade away. To say one draft is awful because not everyone got a Red letter player out of it is folly. CP placement on a player, patience, luck of the roll, all play a part in development. Every Dynasty league will advance minor leaguers in a similar manner to their start in grades. Awful is a subjective term.

Return to “Joe Jackson League”