Proposed rule changes to prevent blantant tanking

Discussions for the Jimmie Foxx League.

Moderators: CrazedCougars, The_Old_Bear

What rule changes would impliment to prevent some of the disgusting AAA teams we see?

Rotating draft
33%
No pitchers over 25 with "C" control
25%
Minimum 5 relief pitchers in AAA
17%
Under 40-win draft penalty
25%

Total votes: 12

fentuzler47

Proposed rule changes to prevent blantant tanking

Post by fentuzler47 »

Losing an absurd amount of games to scoop up as many ultra-high draft picks as possible is the sure sign of a terrible GM.

Chose as many as you would like to see.
Hitnrun

Re: Proposed rule changes to prevent blantant tanking

Post by Hitnrun »

I have wanted change in this league for quite sometime and I think it would make for better competition if changes were made.
heinerkin

Post by heinerkin »

This league has lost the plot. Who cares?
The_Old_Bear

Post by The_Old_Bear »

What we need is 8 more owners and to get rid of minor league teams but it has been this way a long time. I think rotating draft is a good idea but it has never seemed to take any steam.
grkyank4

Post by grkyank4 »

Blatant tanking is what this league is all about.
It's about developing young players while still being able to finish last.

In my opinion the best way to change for the better is to add the total wins of both teams and and draft accordingly. Most wins drafts first and so on. This forces owners to field 2 winning teams.
The_Old_Bear

Post by The_Old_Bear »

That's actually not a bad idea.
fentuzler47

Post by fentuzler47 »

In my opinion the best way to change for the better is to add the total wins of both teams and and draft accordingly. Most wins drafts first and so on. This forces owners to field 2 winning teams.
I like that idea as well. There is no reason at all for this guy to be on the field other than to lose games. It's a disgrace.
CrazedCougars

Post by CrazedCougars »

That's just how the league works. You make your Majors team better by getting your AAA team to suck. It's always been like that. Some of these changes work, sure, but they detract from the point of the league. The fact is, 99% of the time you'll have eight teams with 100+ losses. A rotating draft works the best but all it does is make AAA teams somewhat useless. Also, I think a lot of the records set because of this league are pretty cool, and they're stuff you don't see elsewhere. For instance, Joe Grant (http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=11697727) and Zachariah Matlock (http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=10268143). (And admittedly my personal favorite, Oakland's 17 year 130+ win streak).

I feel like a lot of this is directed at Milwaukee, so I'd just like to say in my defense that in the last 50 drafts, Milwaukee has had the #1 pick 6 times. This is half of Kansas City, with 12, and less than half of Boston and San Diego with 13 and 16 respectively (although in fairness San Diego was ownerless for many seasons). It has been a point of frustration for me that I couldn't get more first overall picks. Tanking is the name of the game in this league.

If changes are wanted, we can make it happen, I just personally don't see the point.
grkyank4

Post by grkyank4 »

By no means is any of this directed at any one owner.
I personally hate having a team constantly loose. It messes up my league wide prestige.
The_Old_Bear

Post by The_Old_Bear »

So I actually proposed something that Jim and I talked about a long time ago. That we reduce the league to 8 teams but I believe SD told us they could or would not do it?

The program is kind of on auto so don't know if they would be open to it but it would make things more interesting.

Return to “Jimmie Foxx League”