The Beast

Discussions for the Jimmie Foxx League.

Moderators: CrazedCougars, The_Old_Bear

Hitnrun

The Beast

Post by Hitnrun »

So St. Louis wins 108 games and finishes 27 games out of first. That is some team Brooklyn puts out there. Great job Mario!
The_Old_Bear

Re: The Beast

Post by The_Old_Bear »

So I looked how long this has been going on in the NL either the Dodgers or the Cards have most wins in NL every season since 2179. Mostly Dodgers
grkyank4

Post by grkyank4 »

Too bad that doesn't translate to WS wins. Abe has a funny way of doing things.
Hitnrun

Post by Hitnrun »

So true he does like underdogs.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

My experience has been -- mind you, I have no empirical data to back up this feeling -- that ABE tends to favor the playoff teams that have been there before.

Seems like every time I make the playoffs for the first time in awhile I'm defeated by the team that's been there the year before. Which would seem to put the "curse" on St. Louis, as the other three teams were all in the playoffs last season.

We'll see!
The_Old_Bear

Post by The_Old_Bear »

This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for me. Really thought it might be the worst year in a long time for St. Louis. Brought up 4 rookies mind you 2 who are B rated to the Cards. If it had not been for my miracle all over player Jason Davis we would not be here. He played all over the place backing up the entire infield that had to live thru a lot injuries this season.

Can't believe we won the first game of the LCS but now it is 3-1 ... don't think we are going to come back.

Return to “Jimmie Foxx League”