Red Cronin

Discussions for the Jimmie Foxx League.

Moderators: CrazedCougars, The_Old_Bear

The_Old_Bear

Red Cronin

Post by The_Old_Bear »

Red wins MVP with only 114 games played. Wow what a dominant season. Imagine what might have been for the Cards had he not sat out 33 games with an injury. He is scheduled to be back for game 4 of the LCS hopefully the guys can hold so we have a chance for the Series. Either way it has been a great season and as always Brooklyn has been a hard fight in each and every game with most of the seeming to come down to 1 run one way or another.

Hope everyone is getting some rest in the midst of this mess and hopefully we will all be back to work soon.

Bear
CrazedCougars

Re: Red Cronin

Post by CrazedCougars »

I think it's fair to say that statistically his year might be the best in the history of this league. His slugging percentage of .748 beats the league record for a single season by 29 points and OPS beats the single season record by 40 points. A .380 batting average is sixth highest ever. Seriously impressive.
The_Old_Bear

Post by The_Old_Bear »

Yeah it was an amazing year. What a difference it might have made if we had him for the first three games of the LCS but such is life. We left 11 guys on base in game 7. Just the way ABE bounces. Brooklyn had me all year in the head to head … the way it goes. Should be a great World Series.

What an amazing draft class this year.
The_Old_Bear

Post by The_Old_Bear »

Did you notice he now leads the JFL in Lifetime OPS and SLG. Imagine if he had A health what he might have done.
CrazedCougars

Post by CrazedCougars »

Yeah, he broke two records that two of my guys had previously held!

Return to “Jimmie Foxx League”