Another Reminder

Discussions for the Jimmie Foxx League.

Moderators: CrazedCougars, The_Old_Bear

grkyank4

Another Reminder

Post by grkyank4 »

"C" rated players are not allowed on your major league squad. There needs to be some sort of a penalty for this. Owners have had them on their teams all season.
The_Old_Bear

Re: Another Reminder

Post by The_Old_Bear »

If you see it let them know ... this league is so quiet just need to let the individual know.
CrazedCougars

Post by CrazedCougars »

I've notified the owner. Something to enforce the rule would be nice, although I'm not sure what. Frankly, if the player isn't on a AAA team, you're mostly hurting yourself.
The_Old_Bear

Post by The_Old_Bear »

It really does not hurt the other teams. Most of the time it is some old guy sitting on one of your teams that you just had not noticed turning C. At least for me.

Others I can not speak to but I was here when the rule was implemented a long time ago and it was to help with the tanking issue. It keeps people from having a bunch of C rated players on their minor league team. It may even go back before the minor league things because we had some initial problems with tanking in this league. You know what I think it was implemented pre Jim. We can't look at old stuff but it might even have been in the original stuff. It was a bunch of old SD guys that started this league and tanking was heavily discussed.

Return to “Jimmie Foxx League”