Hall of Fame Nominees (2210-2219): Pitchers

Discussions for the Jimmie Foxx League.

Moderators: CrazedCougars, The_Old_Bear

ballmark

Re: Hall of Fame Nominees (2210-2219): Pitchers

Post by ballmark »

Retirement System 2 is crazy, man. Basically, a player will return as long as an owner is willing to give the codebit at bats or IP. Which can result is some pretty remarkable career totals, I totally agree.

In the Sandberg Yingling League (also a RetSys 2 league), we have ground rules for Hall of Fame nominations and had to up the minimums for counting stats because of this career longevity thing. All of these pitchers would have easily been nominated in the SYL, regardless, but yeah, you do need to keep in mind that some of these career totals are kind of artificially inflated due to this quirk in the rules.

But Kennedy deserved his plaque. No doubt in my mind. Flash? Him we can talk about. (Heh, heh, heh.)
The_Old_Bear

Re: Hall of Fame Nominees (2210-2219): Pitchers

Post by The_Old_Bear »

Comparing Matlock and Kennedy is interesting … Matlock played 20 seasons … Kennedy 23 the last one for Kennedy he was supposed to be in minors as the rule change made it hard to get him to retire. Prior to that he was just a good mentor the last few years. Someone even picked him up when I tried to do that.

He will make it as you said but he deserves to voted by all of us as he earned it.

Return to “Jimmie Foxx League”