Hall of Fame Nominees (2220-2224): Pitchers!

Discussions for the Jimmie Foxx League.

Moderators: CrazedCougars, The_Old_Bear

CrazedCougars

Re: Hall of Fame Nominees (2220-2224): Pitchers!

Post by CrazedCougars »

Thanks for the support. I never brought up my nomination criteria since nobody really asked. But if people are curious, I might as well share it.

I pretty much skip over anybody who didn't have 5+ AS appearances. If I recognize a few who didn't, but were still very good, (like Bibby), I'll include them. I'd be hard pressed to find anybody who had great career stats and is a worthy Hall of Famer without being an all-star 5 times. I've probably missed a few candidates this way, but I don't have time to look at everyone. After that, I generally look at awards/statistics. 3+ CY/MVP, 6+ Fireman, or 10+ AS is pretty much a guarantee. 500+ HR/3000 H/300 W/3000 K help too. Anything less and I make a judgement call. I'm generally pretty lenient, so it's pretty much left up to the league on the vote.

Anyways, the following will be inducted:

Alex Jordan
Bob Robinson
Frank "Fireball" Smith
Bob Bibby
The_Old_Bear

Re: Hall of Fame Nominees (2220-2224): Pitchers!

Post by The_Old_Bear »

My point is that 3/4 categories are going to be much more likely in a 3 team league than a 4 as for the longer times in the leagues JFL should not be judged by other leagues but rather by JFL standards.

Long or short matters little one way or the other as they are being judged vs other players playing in the JFL and not players in other leagues.

Already said more than is necessary …

HOF is what it is I have not normally been in the majority with regards to it in the past so just passing along my thoughts.

It is great to have people actually speaking up.

And yes CC is doing a great job!

Return to “Jimmie Foxx League”