The Commish

Discussions for the Albert Pujols League.

Moderator: Leonard

MidnightHurricane

The Commish

Post by MidnightHurricane »

I have been harassed by the commish .. Chef

I joined the league a few months ago, just before the draft. I get a message from Chef, telling me he can help me with my draft, I told him thanks, but it's my team, my money I will figure it out. He said he was only trying to help. a few days later I posted a message to the league about hall of fame, why wasn't there anyone elected since 2015 .. this is when I found out Chef was the commish of the league, he messaged that he didn't have time, maybe I should do it. this is the same guy that wanted to draft my team. this year, a month later, I noticed that his name is on 2 teams as the owner, because I offered a trade to one of them, he declined and counter by saying my 1st overall pick (big train Johnson) wouldn't amount to much, but he would take him in the trade .. I declined.

Chef earlier this week announced to the league that Kansas City, because the owner has been absent (guessing he paid his money, because his name is still there as the owner) is taking offers on the 1st round pick (2nd overall). I asked why this can happen, and got a snotting remark, basically saying is for the good of the league. A trade was made for that pick, and yes, I reported it to be unfair, and the admin agreed, as a few other owners in the league. The commish, owns 2 teams in the league and how many other teams does he control?

Tonight I get a private message from Chef, saying the pitcher named Case, would be the better 1st overall pick .. I told him to shut the bleep up, and mind his own business. He didn't like that so he sent another private message saying he was kidding .. I responded for him to stop sending me messages. he didn't, so I told him I will send all private messages into the admin, and let them to decide if Chef is harassing me. I got the last private message from Chef, that the admin would just laugh because he is doing a great job being the commish of this league, and he will poll the other owners in the league asking them if he is.

I am not sure when my subscription is due, but I will not renew it. I am tired of this Chef guy. I have joined a few other leagues since joining this league, because I love baseball and sims leagues. I do enjoy this site, just not this league. Sorry for the rant, but he just makes me mad.
cheflonster

Re: The Commish

Post by cheflonster »

whether or not I am listed as the owner of a team, doesnt matter. if that owner is inactive, as commissioner i control that team. my sole responsibility to that team and the league is to put that team in the best possible position to get sold. if that means making a trade to steer that team in a manner to get that team sold, then i make that trade. In the past i have tried to get the leagues opinion on certain trades but that takes too long. THERE IS NOTHING I DO WITH ANY TEAM THAT EVEN REMOTELY LOOKS LIKE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST. As far as my sending a snipety pm to you, post our conversations and they will see you are dead wrong about my responses. they were given to you in good faith. If however, you took them to mean something else,then for that I apologize. as far as trying to give u advice, i did what I do every time. It appeared u have had no prior teams or what is called a newbie. In a lot of leagues experienced owners like to test newbies with some ridiculous trade offers. So I let all newbies know that if they have any questions, just ask away again this being for the betterment of the league. I have also seen newbies( not saying you are one) conduct not so good drafts. I consider myself to be an excellent drafter, in fact in the very first amateur draft in 1951 in this league my 5th round pick went on to make 5 straight all star teams as a catcher. Any way with the first couple of drafts for someone whom is inexperienced (again not saying you are) I give them the option of looking at my top 20 draft rankings even if that means i miss out on a steal in the 2nd round, and again this is all for the betterment of the league. Most take me up on my offers, some say thanx but I want to try it on my own, but if i have questions I will be sure to ask. Never has anybody been so rude as to tell me to mind my own damn business. To be perfectly honest, if a newbie is getting taken advantage of because they dont realize the value of certain players, and it does happen because each league has different values on pitchers, catchers and hitters, or one continuosly drafts lousy players, then it does become my business, because it affects how the league plays out.

Chef
cheflonster

Re: The Commish

Post by cheflonster »

One more thing, I said case would be a better pick than campbell because case has more speed and is a better bunter. I was obviously joking as they are both starting pitchers and no one drafts an SP because they can lay down a bunt or steal a base, especially when Campbell is clearly better than case.

Return to “Albert Pujols League”