Congrats Milwaukee World Series Champs!

Discussions for the Mel Ott League.
tpcurley

Congrats Milwaukee World Series Champs!

Post by tpcurley »

Wow I was checking in with the WS at work today and there was a lot of back and forth leading to a Game 7 but then Doug Ensberg stepped to the mound with lights out stuff and ended a really great world series with a shut out, Congrats to Travis and to all of the other playoff teams as well. Looks like there's a new sheriff in town.
QB1TRAVIS

Re: Congrats Milwaukee World Series Champs!

Post by QB1TRAVIS »

Thanks tpcurley! It was actually Ollie Levsen that threw the shutout in game seven. Ensberg threw a 1 run 8 inning gem in game five though. There was strategy involved in both series I must add. To start I brought up my rookie Lundgren to play the OF vs LHP and he destroyed SF pitching. I made sure to pitch my two LHP's games 1 and 2 versus SF because they didn't hit them nearly as well as they did RHP. Boston was the opposite. They killed lefties so I made sure to pitch both RHP's games 1 and 2. I also took a gamble on Mendez at 3b vs RHP because Ruffin got hurt against SF. They seemed to pay off well also. His offense far outweighed his lack of defense at 3b. All in all a great season and I should be able to stay in the mix for years to come. Good luck to everyone in the off-season!
tpcurley

Post by tpcurley »

Sorry I'm embarrassed I screwed up the names, but I knew that Ensberg had a great series. Anyway, great job this season and a masterful job rolling the dice on matchups in the playoffs. Good luck to everyone in 2028.
Explorer58

Post by Explorer58 »

Congratulations Milwaukee!

Pretty tough line-up. Looks like a newer version of "Harvey's Wallbangers."
Bluecrabz

Post by Bluecrabz »

Congratulations Milwaukee on your World Series title, and also to the other playoff teams. Happy for long time Miami Fan OF Lou Whitcher he received a WS ring and for former 3rd round draft pick Bill Mankowski too.
kaliayev

Post by kaliayev »

Congrats to Milwaukee on winning the WS. Also congrats to the other playoff teams. Great seasons guys.

Return to “Mel Ott League”