2TL news: 2 time 30 game winner

WillyD

2TL news: 2 time 30 game winner

Post by WillyD »

2TL news:

Washington's Andy Shaw wins 30 games in a season for the 2nd time in his career! Identical 30-4 record both times too.

http://beta.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=9857191
ballmark

Re: 2TL news: 2 time 30 game winner

Post by ballmark »

Beta League HOFer for sure!
BZL: KC Clippers#
GGL: Detroit Diamonds*
CDL: New York Neons
SYL: Texas Lonestars#
SPL: Cincinnati Mavericks*
24TBeta: Boston/Seattle/Montreal/Miami

# Commissioner ~ * HOF Facilitator ~ @ Chaperone
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Congrats to Shaw! I am not sure that I have ever had a 30 game winner lol
The Land of Pleasant Living
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

LOL - I just came across this randomly - and I am sure it's not balanced because it's BETA - but that is by far the best pitcher I have ever seen in SimD...
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

lordlau1 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:52 pm LOL - I just came across this randomly - and I am sure it's not balanced because it's BETA - but that is by far the best pitcher I have ever seen in SimD...
Shaw was a great pitcher but those kind of numbers are almost impossible to put in your average SimD league, especially since the change in how initial drafts are created (not that we have those any more...).

The AL East in the 2TL only had 2 or 3 competitive teams at the time. The other 3-4 teams in the division were not managed at all, or were mis-managed. The AL West was a bit better, but had a 2 or 3 bad teams as well. It's really hard to get that many shutouts without some really bad teams on the schedule.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

WillyD wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:02 pm
lordlau1 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:52 pm LOL - I just came across this randomly - and I am sure it's not balanced because it's BETA - but that is by far the best pitcher I have ever seen in SimD...
Shaw was a great pitcher but those kind of numbers are almost impossible to put in your average SimD league, especially since the change in how initial drafts are created (not that we have those any more...).

The AL East in the 2TL only had 2 or 3 competitive teams at the time. The other 3-4 teams in the division were not managed at all, or were mis-managed. The AL West was a bit better, but had a 2 or 3 bad teams as well. It's really hard to get that many shutouts without some really bad teams on the schedule.
Yeah - I figured, lol!

and hopefully someday - we will do new leagues here before people give up and this site dies. We could sooooo advertise new leagues and new drafts and it would attract people. Trying to attract people now with mish mash leagues and shitty teams is just an epic fail idea...

Sorry, Chris...

Return to “Baseball Beta Testing/Development”