Verlander Trade

Discussions for the Bruce Bochy League.
tigers1968

Verlander Trade

Post by tigers1968 »

After last seasons playoff run I felt I needed some bat and noticed LA could possibly use some help in his starting rotation. I feel this trade is very beneficial to both teams. Of course I hope I gain a slight edge and my minors strong starting prospects making ia championship team.

Ron Leflore aka Roy Staley playing in a full time roll against right handers hopefully will show the talent rankings he displays. I truly feel being ranked in the top third of outfielders in contact with above average power that the 238 BA with 20 Ks 4 HRs in 25 games/80 AB was a down season and hoping for a 280+ BA and 360+ OBP out of him. With his Leadership and Mentoring skills the youngsters on this team have someone to turn too and learn.

With some run support Verlander could be a huge addition to LA but should definitely give them a running chance every game he pitches for them. 20 year old Dizzy Trout getting a Sept call up last year started the last game of the season and turned heads with a brilliant 9 inning complete game shut out. He looked like a seasoned vet striking out 11, with 6 hits and 2 walks. We may be taking a huge chance but if things look good this soft throwing lefty having the control to hit his spots should keep batters guessing all season. If things work out early in the season don't be surprised if you don't see him following Morris in the line up eventually as the number three starter. His ability to eat up innings will definitely help keep the bull pen on the bench which everyone knows is a benefit in a long drawn out season.

Return to “Bruce Bochy League”