Update on state of the league

Discussions for the Andres Galarraga League.

Moderator: timemry

timemry

Update on state of the league

Post by timemry »

Unfortunately, it looks like the SAL is soon to have fewer active owners than we have and is likely to fold after this season, so merger with them is OUT.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if that shouldn't be the fate of the AGL as well.

Thoughts?
matthewlee3

Re: Update on state of the league

Post by matthewlee3 »

We're up to what, 7 owners now? NYA, SEA, TEX, CLE, NYN, LAN, MIA? Somehow we picked up a Cleveland owner (or chaperone?) along the way, so that's nice. We could try to pick up an 8th and just run 1 league, and let, for example, the NL be all unowned/bots/irrelevant. I don't know if your commissioner powers allow for wholesale moving players/teams (I guess we could just execute massive trades to move to teams in the other league as needed), and you can already fudge with draft picks.
timemry

Post by timemry »

That would mean that teams in the dormant league, buy teams in the other league and trade their players over. It could work, but it would also mean that 8 very good teams compete for 2 playoff spots. Honestly, I don’t really have an appetite for that.
I think that this will be my last year in the league. Happy to hand over commish duties to someone who wants to try something to keep it going, I just don’t see it happening given the state of things on the site.

Tim
matthewlee3

Post by matthewlee3 »

It's the same ratio of playoff spots to teams as compared to a healthy league though. It's the same level of competition as before, just smaller than the game programmed. You're right of course that the site is a sinking ship, and obviously even within this league this has been a two person conversation so far. It's just a bummer to lose something we've all sunk so much time and dedication into.
Averick

Post by Averick »

I think we should start a new league and have a fresh draft with our rules. There are many dying leagues and i am sure many players would love to get a fresh start with a franchise with our rules. I think we can easily pick up more players.

Since we have 6-7 active teams i think we should continue just as we are letting things play out maybe we try to make the bot teams more competitive we would have a easy road to the playoffs each year but still have to win division and series and we will always have the option to kill the league.
timemry

Post by timemry »

I am much less optimistic than both of you on the ability to get anything done. I am going to leave after this season but I wish you all the best.

Tim

Return to “Andres Galarraga League”