State of the league

Discussions for the Andres Galarraga League.

Moderator: timemry

timemry

State of the league

Post by timemry »

We currently have 7 teams listed for sale.
I think it is safe to say that this league is dying.
I have removed the password protection from all teams for sale.
I suggest that if we do not get owners for at least 3 of the teams by the end of this season, that we make 2027 our last season.
In other words, if we don't make progress on filling unowned teams, we play this season and one more and then fold the tent.
Thoughts? other ideas/proposals?

Tim
matthewlee3

Re: State of the league

Post by matthewlee3 »

I'd be inclined to vote for a merger of some kind, but I have long been disillusioned with the activity in this league, so I understand your thought process. I suspect the activity on this thread (or lack thereof) will be very telling in this regard.
Myrmidon

Post by Myrmidon »

I would rather fold then merge. I would also rather not fold.
mrtwolff

Post by mrtwolff »

I love this league and wish it not to fold. I wish more owners would see the enjoyment in the system 4 minors. I would be ok either way because I have plenty of teams but wish we could recruit a few more owners and save the league.

Dave Winfield is another league running the same minors system. Perhaps we could merge with them.
timemry

Post by timemry »

I don't want it to fold, either.
However, I don't have the time, nor the deep desire to aggressively recruit owners to the league.

On the merger idea, I would be open to it, but I am not necessarily interested in pursuing it. I am fine with any owner wants to reach out to other leagues to pursue merger talks.

Tim
matthewlee3

Post by matthewlee3 »

This... has not been encouraging.
captscottha

Post by captscottha »

Maybe we can see if the existing owners and owners from another league want to start a new league .....fresh from the beginning...

Sorry for the delayed response, work has been killing me....
mrtwolff

Post by mrtwolff »

I would totally be all over that!! A fresh new league with system 4 minors. Maybe I can reach out to Dave Winfield owners to see what they think. I chaperone a team there.
mrtwolff

Post by mrtwolff »

Dave Winfield has 10 active owners and I think 3 chaperones. I posted our idea on there message board. The main difference I see is they play more games per day but that doesn't mean some owners over there wouldn't be willing to join us. I'll let you know if I hear anything from them over the next few days.

If our current active owners are all on board to start a new league and let this one die, we would still need 7 more to get things rolling and to get admin on board. If Dave Winfield owners arent interested we would have to recruit.
Averick

Post by Averick »

i am good with whatever the group decides but the settings in this league are by far the best. I would prefer to save the league, i think we could all try to reach out and recruit a little. If we can't get a few new owners then we may have no choice to merge with another league. Merging sucks but a fresh start does sound interesting

Return to “Andres Galarraga League”