We're winning a lo more than expected, so....

Discussions for the George Van Haltren League.
DeepThreat

We're winning a lo more than expected, so....

Post by DeepThreat » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 pm

Heads up to those who may be willing to sell some good veteran arms. We currently sit at 48 games, and my team is.... for some unforeseen reason... in contention. I do not expect it to last, but I was also expecting them to begin losing at a high rate 30 games ago. IF... and that's a pretty major "IF"... we are still in contention after 60 games, I might be open to acquiring some additional pitching and making an early push to the playoffs.

Do note, the only prospect I have with 10 or more SPs I would be willing to give up is Sankey, though this also depends on the return. I may be more willing to give up one of my top pitching prospects for a young (27 OS or below) SP with high ratings. Other prospects and picks could potentially be had, again depending on the value of return.

If I make the decision to push forward a couple of years early, I will be aggressive in terms of completing trades as quickly as possible.

Reagan1980

Re: We're winning a lo more than expected, so....

Post by Reagan1980 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:58 pm

Good luck deeptheat!

I also plain on adding and am Paired to be very aggressive but what I’m willing to offer for All stars With years left before they start. Declining !

DeepThreat

Post by DeepThreat » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:49 pm

Thanks, Reagan, and same to you! You've got a nice team going over there, and a couple of nice trading chips if you decide to rebuild. We'll see where we are in a couple of days and go on from there. but if we start to lose, then all of this will be moot.

To anyone else, please note... my elite SP prospects are not available unless you offer up something that would be ridiculous of you to accept. I am in no way willing to move Otto Jennings, Mickey Nied, George Valentin, or Chad Quantrill. Do not ask for any of them, unless you are ready to give up a SP that you may not be able to replace evenly by one of these 4. I know taking those 4 off the table for the exception of a seriously high return limits my ability to obtain prime pitchers in return. However, I'm not looking specifically for that. If i push to remain in contention, I will be looking more to fill out my bullpen and an upgrade for my #4 spot in the rotation. I am not cashing in 6 years of rebuilding just to have a 3-year run.

Offering me up a 2-3 years older SP who is barely 1 year more advanced, along with a 2nd round "sweetener" draft pick is not going to change my mind (I've had 4 of these offers already). Why would it make sense for me to accept that trade, when I would do just as well for the meantime and better for the long run by simply promoting that pitcher? Also, any pitcher with B- control beyond age 25... don't even bother offering. I don't play the "low ball intro offer" game. If you make me a ridiculous offer to start, odds are I will not proceed in negotiations with you. To me, low ball offers are disrespectful and almost always end up just a massive waste of time and effort without accomplishing a trade. If you wouldn't be willing to consider accepting an offer if it was presented to you, than don't offer it to someone else. I have a hard time believing that any of the offers I've declined so far would have been considered by those who made them if reversed. On top of this, I am a long term veteran of SD. I know how to evaluate players with reasonable accuracy. As such, I know the value of players and draft picks. Not to be a jerk, but I do this better than 70-75% of SD players. You are not going to get a majorly imbalanced return from me. At least not in your favor, and not unless temporarily weakening my team is part of the value on my end (and I am not looking to extend my current rebuilding process here, so that is out the window too).

Beyond this, do have an excellent day and weekend!

Reagan1980

Post by Reagan1980 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:27 pm

Deepthreat you’re being too modest your better at this game then like 90% of these players! your honest fair and you don’t cheat I wish there was more great players like you in this game I’m just feel blessed to be in a league with you!

Return to “George Van Haltren League”