I got HOF Admin rights, need league input please

Discussions for the George Van Haltren League.
TonyGwynnusaGAME

I got HOF Admin rights, need league input please

Post by TonyGwynnusaGAME »

Thanks to those who have provided feedback! I got HOF Admin rights, now I need some guidelines to follow as I'm going to take a different approach because going through everyone who has retired takes way too much time. Thanks to Dennis (SF Bulldogs) for telling me about the all-time leaders. Thanks to Rich and Rootehound for your input. Below are some possible guidelines for me to start with to automatically induct players into the HOF. What do you guys think?

500+ HR - 6 guys - 598 Les Abner (should I lower the number to 475? 450?
3000 hits - 25 guys - 3,387 Victor Blake
1600 RBI - 24 guys - 2,117 Les Abner
1700 runs - 25 guys - 2,302 Billy Mulvey
.520 SLG - 13 guys - .562 Eric Jones
.380 OBA - 13 guys - .410 Eric Jones
.900 OPS - 9 guys - .972 Eric Jones
.305 AVG - 20 guys - .333 Eric Jones
500 SB - 8 guys - 713 Jimmy Nichols
550 doubles - 9 - Billy Mulvey

Please note I'm trying to find automatic guidelines so I can start adding guys to the hall and then I will go back and give the league options on players that don't reach the minimum HOF qualifiers.

260 wins - 21 players - 343 George Sadowski
400 Saves - 19 players - 615 Jody Redmon
150 CG - 8 pitchers - 244 Ed Canavan
40 ShO - 9 pitchers - 53 Ed Canavan
3.00 - 8 pitchers - 2.63 Red Brown
1.15 WHIP - 13 pitchers - 1.06 Red Brown
3000 Ks - 30 pitchers - 3,672 Ed Caravan

Any input is appreciated. I will take the ball and run with it. Also I can remove players from the HOF also. Anyone want to be on the HOF Committee?

Jerry
KC Corndogs
finn51

Re: I got HOF Admin rights, need league input please

Post by finn51 »

These are good guidelines for nomination,just because a player has over the minimum in one of the categories,shouldn't automatically be included without a vote,John
rich45

Post by rich45 »

Eric Jones, a true (NYN) Philosopher. :D

Sadly deceased for more than a quarter century.

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=1274785

Everyone should check out the HOF page...some great names from the past. Hey Spy, remember the Cy young used to be called the Irv Award for Irv Farmer?

Have a nice day all!
Rich
Killroy24

Post by Killroy24 »

I think we need to vote on minimum standard for players as a league to make choices easier for the HOF admin person. Do we use same standards as MlB or set are own standards based on the way this league runs. This is only my 3rd season so I still learning the ropes. I also believe that if a player deserves to be a HOF then he goes in no matter who is eligible. Its the one thing that drives me crazy for MlB votes is this standard of only so many players can get in each year. Your a HOF or your not. and to make a player wait is just ridicules.
Killroy24

Post by Killroy24 »

I would be willing to be on committee
Bobo_Brayton

Post by Bobo_Brayton »

First, while TonyGwynnusaBallgame may be new to SIM, he is no stranger to commissioning. I was going to nominate him, but didn't get off my ass and do it. I'm glad you didn't wait around for me. He has been commissioner of a local Statis-Pro/Stratomatic Baseball league since the 80's. He has managed multiple softball teams over those years. He heads up the local USSSA umpiring crews. He wore #19 for many years. Et cetera. And on and on. Good choice.

Second, as the new commissioner of the HOF, HOW CAN EDGAR MARTINEZ STILL BE ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN? It's a damn travesty, TGUABG!

Third, I like the idea of setting some benchmarks for getting the old guys in. Much simpler than individual voting. I'm not sold on what they are, but I won't quibble over the small stuff. Going forward, I'm certain TG will set a standard for the best of the best to join the HOF.

Thanks for taking charge, once again, and here's to many more years of GVHL baseball!

Luke/Bobo
Luke
Bobo_Brayton
New York Bricklayers
rootehound

Post by rootehound »

I would be willing to be on the committee.
YanksGiants2011

Post by YanksGiants2011 »

I agree with Finn51, I don't think someone should get into the HOF automatically by meeting one of these thresholds, I understand having to start someplace since this league is years behind in HOF votes, maybe if a player meets three of the thresholds or something like that until we get caught up, then you could have something like a veterans committee, or allow owners to nominate 2 or 3 players each to be voted on.

Return to “George Van Haltren League”