What will it take?

Discussions for the Ivan Rodriguez League.
jzirker

What will it take?

Post by jzirker »

Dang you, Atlanta! Our second year in a row of .800 winning percentage and still the Cup eludes us. Seems counter to the great seasons we've had to lose in the playoffs, but such is baseball, right?

Good luck in the Series!
mangus

Re: What will it take?

Post by mangus »

Wow and then a WS sweep.....Good job KC!
jzirker

Post by jzirker »

Another one bites the dust. Man, we CHOKE in the playoffs - after INCREDIBLE seasons. Year after year. This year, my "pretty darn good" starting pitchers combined for 34IP, 20ER, 12BB and 31K in the 7-game series - a 5.29 ERA for a staff that was at half of that (2.71) for the entire year.

I suspect we'll see some more serious declines this OS, so our window of regular season dominance may be closing, maybe that means we'll grab a WC spot and really win the cup one day? Or not.

Congrats, Atlanta! Good luck in the Series.
jzirker

Post by jzirker »

Here we go again. Regular season dominance, then in the playoffs, 20+ game winning pitchers stop pitching, 30+ homer hitters stop hitting, and we'll be bridesmaids yet again. I've honestly never seen anything like this in SD, where a team that wins 80% of our games for 5 straight years has no League Championship banner to show for it.

This from the team that led the league in both hitting and pitching.

Congrats, Toronto! We eked by to get to you guys again in the WS, but it sure looks like we're going to come up short again.

(hoping for a reverse message board curse here! :-) )

Return to “Ivan Rodriguez League”