New owner for San Fran

Discussions for the Earl Averill League.
judgetrainer

New owner for San Fran

Post by judgetrainer »

I was looking for a challenge so I took the discount and signed on for San Francisco. This might take a while...

Wonder if anyone can give me some history of how this collection of stiffs was put together. I mean, wow.

I have been around SD for a while. I have a long collection of third place finishes. I live in Wisconsin, and I am a fan of Badger football and basketball, my alma mater's teams (Lawrence University), Packers stockholder, Brewer "fan", will watch the Bucks. I prefer to build by way of the draft but I will trade if it helps me.
PizzaMan8

Re: New owner for San Fran

Post by PizzaMan8 »

Hey, welcome to the league!

The old owner had a long history of some questionable trades, drafts, and pickups, including the gross undervaluation of the 1st overall pick several years in a row. A series of particularly bad trades led to admin placing a trade ban on the owner.

Feel free to shoot me a message or trade offer if you're up to it.
pokergob

Post by pokergob »

Welcome to the league. The owner of San Francisco was in the league for 14 seasons, 11 of which were 100 loss seasons with a .336 winning percentage. During their 14 seasons possibly all of their trades were questionable. They almost always traded their 1st round picks for mediocre players and acted as the league's virtual farm system. Perhaps they were trying to disturb the league rather than win, I don't know.

I'm looking forward to seeing your rebuild and wish you good luck.
judgetrainer

Post by judgetrainer »

Thanks for the news. I didn't think even a bot could do this much damage. Youngest player is 24. One A- player. Well, I wanted a challenge. First task: win 50 games.
jrthecrusher

Post by jrthecrusher »

Welcome! I for one am looking forward to any sort of turnaround for that SF franchise, and the balance I feel it would bring to the league. You certainly have your work cut out for you though. It's a good thing you prefer the draft route because it's basically your only viable option. On the bright side, you have plenty of CPs available for all those high draft picks coming your way!

Feel free to reach out if any creative/whacky/minor trade ideas should pop into your noggin', or even just to chat about the game.

Best of Luck,

Crusher
hark12

Post by hark12 »

ha welcome ,care to sell the packer s stock? lol yes previous owner def undervalued picks ,thus was banned from trading I believe ? anyone? good luck
daytonjake

Post by daytonjake »

Welcome to the EAL
judgetrainer

Post by judgetrainer »

11 game improvement in season one. At this rate we'll approach .500 in two more seasons. :lol:

Return to “Earl Averill League”