Rebuilding is fun

Discussions for the Earl Averill League.
judgetrainer

Rebuilding is fun

Post by judgetrainer »

In the space of seven games the Conquistadors went from fourth place to seventh and now slotted to pick third in the draft. I knew the roster wasn't ready to be in the top half of the NL but wow that went fast. Can 60 wins still be the goal?
PizzaMan8

Re: Rebuilding is fun

Post by PizzaMan8 »

I feel like I'm in the opposite situation. Coming off a WS win, I've been toiling around .500 but luckily no one has run away with second place yet. Still, lots of up and down movement in the standings for both leagues.
jrthecrusher

Re: Rebuilding is fun

Post by jrthecrusher »

Nobody likes losing. Not even teams that are "trying to"

I think the question is one of priorities. Which is more important: not finishing in last? having a winning record? or contending for a title?

Once you establish a goal the rebuilding can seem less like a drag and more like a means to an end. A surprise contender can be fun, but I don't know if there's anything more satisfying(for me) than building a winner from the ground up and being in the mix year after year for a good long window of time.

Stay strong, stay the course, trust the process.

Or don't if it conflicts with your priorities. That's the beauty of the game, you get to decide what you want to play for.

Return to “Earl Averill League”