This League is Officially Destroyed

Discussions for the Earl Averill League.
pokergob

This League is Officially Destroyed

Post by pokergob »

This League is Officially Destroyed.

Well done.
BKCUBS13

Re: This League is Officially Destroyed

Post by BKCUBS13 »

I'm asking for a refund and leaving.
jrthecrusher

Post by jrthecrusher »

Nothing gets fixed by throwing our hands up. I'll admit I'm at a bit of a loss but there are enough people in the league who are frustrated by the current state of affairs to make a stand.

Not saying we can force Oneofthree to run his team any particular sort of way...but we definitely can hold the other owners accountable. Trading the guy marginal upgrades for what likely amounts to an impact young player is the definition of abuse - I view it as stealing the 1st rounder. After 10 seasons he probably should know better, but that clearly isn't the case. Just because he proposed it doesn't make it okay. It's still nowhere close to the value of the pick.

If OneofThree is hell bent on winning 55 games instead of 50 that's his prerogative, but if he could do it without completely augmenting the balance of power in the league one gift at a time that would be the best case scenario.
pokergob

Post by pokergob »

The last oneofthree trade is sabotage. Boom!
BKCUBS13

Post by BKCUBS13 »

It is simple for me, if oneofthree stays in the league, this will keep occurring. I think the majority of us love winning trades, but only a few seem to put their personal gain over the integrity of the league. And if we have to keep protesting(and it was justified) and voting on trades, I don't want to be a part of it. So sadly, after exactly 10 years in the EAL( since November of 2008), if oneofthree is in this league I am out.
PizzaMan8

Post by PizzaMan8 »

"Destroyed" seems a bit harsh, but I understand where the sentiment is coming from.

I like what jr said, nothing can be fixed if we just throw our hands up. I, for one, would really like to see the situation remedied, rather than run away from the issue. Perhaps it's because I feel that my team is close to going on a good run, but nonetheless, I'm not about giving up just yet.

It's up to the other 15 owners in the league to act in good faith. I don't want to have every trade go to a vote, but if there's an owner that is consistently trading in bad faith for the league, then so be it. We can't have an impact draft pick consistently gifted to another owner year after year.
oneofthree

Post by oneofthree »

so says the owner of the teams twice as GOOD as mine.... worst thing in the world is a CRYBABY

Return to “Earl Averill League”