Whining from winning teams

Discussions for the Earl Averill League.
PizzaMan8

Re: Whining from winning teams

Post by PizzaMan8 »

If I recall correctly, Admin only restricted trades between Compton and oneofthree, and now a complete restriction on oneofthree. Essentially, Compton's still good to trade with everyone, if I'm not wrong.

The thing with tanking is that it's generally understood that the owner only intends to do so temporarily, to build up young depth and not worry about trying to compete with an noncompetitive roster. If there is a repeated problem with an owner making trades in bad faith, be it intentional or not, it's an unfair dynamic to put on the rest of the owners. I believe the mindset on this site is to play to win, whether it's now or in 5 seasons. As long as smart moves are made in the direction of that goal, I have no issues.

However, we've seen valuable draft picks being consistently given away for nothing, and that team seems to have no clear direction. It's an unfair position to put the rest of the league in, especially since there is another owner that's the one consistently benefiting.
pokergob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:34 pm The DynastyBot plays better!
I was starting to think the same.
compton10101

Post by compton10101 »

look COMPTON will only say dis once.............

1 of 3 iz a payin customa............dis aint a free league...........dude haz rite 2 play how he seez fit........

in real life............they iz bad teamz dat make poor personell decizionz fo decadez...........fo example.......look no furtha historically than da royalz, philliez or fo a football example da cleveland brownz..........otha teamz in they leaguez werent like "hey play fair yall cant manage yo teamz dis bad becuz yall makin da league unbalanced".............

in COMPTONz opinion, itz kinda of a stupid argument since dis iz a pay league..........let peeple play tha way they like 2 play an adjust yo team.........an there iz an executive claus 2 allow ownaz 2 strike down tradez........but dis haz gottin outta hand makin it personal an silly..........if 1 of 3 in sum opinion iz worse than a bot than keep yo opinion 2 yoself an let da dude play hiz way.............COMPTON
One of da top performaz in Sim History
Winnin Pct
Playoff Pct
WLS Appearance Pct

Legendary Teamz in Ty Cobb, Johnny Bench an Fred Lynn Leaguez

COMPTON
jrthecrusher

Post by jrthecrusher »

see: 2002-03 Montreal Expos
pokergob

Post by pokergob »

@compton all of us are paying. I want to play in a league that has players who are trying.

The problem is solved, we don't have to worry anymore.
compton10101

Post by compton10101 »

COMPTONz point wuz COMPTON iz sure in real life othaz feel dat way but have 2 deal wit sumthin otha than parity........but herez 2 movin on........an az confirmation COMPTON iz free an lookin foward 2 trade wit any1.............COMPTON
One of da top performaz in Sim History
Winnin Pct
Playoff Pct
WLS Appearance Pct

Legendary Teamz in Ty Cobb, Johnny Bench an Fred Lynn Leaguez

COMPTON

Return to “Earl Averill League”