Whining from winning teams

Discussions for the Earl Averill League.
oneofthree

Whining from winning teams

Post by oneofthree »

First off I have nothing in common with compton unless he is 6'2 sandy brown hair n brown eyes works n for a circuit court in these here United States, so the clown that posted THAT compton n I have the same writing style, SPEAK UP say what you are trying to say CLEARER N LOUDER you re a MAN I hope, didn't think i needed correct punctuation every time i posted takes too much TIME...sorry didn't know this was the secretary pool, but it do seems some of you have also trade with compton and what's funny is some of trades do look strangely unfair but most players i tried to trade for were under age 30 rated B+ n above while drafted usually in the 1st or 2nd rds CHECK IT OUT FIRST
compton10101

Re: Whining from winning teams

Post by compton10101 »

COMPTON coodnt agree mo..........they iz so much bias up in dis place itz unreal...........COMPTON iz bout tradin an winnin..........da only 2 reazonz itz worth stayin here...........COMPTON aint here 2 make friendz or b social............so fo all dat play theze gamez an takin da fun away.......da comical part iz dat many yall play by yo rulez which meanz teamz shood hunka down an not compete foeva until yall develop yo own playaz.....sum up in here like 2 play it 2 win an take riskz wit they team............COMPTON haz seen hippocratez down COMPTONz tradez an then turn rite round an do da same thang.........look COMPTON haz been stayin quiet an aint even been readin any of da crap from otha ownaz in dis league an frankly wont since COMPTON haz genrally not minded dis league...............go look at tha MML dat COMPTON asked admin 2 remove COMPTON from where every1 placed da hornz on COMPTON an then once COMPTON leff da league imploded wit legit peeple walkin away in midseazon becuz of intolerance an BS..........itz personal peeple........stop makin it dat way an stick 2 da game...............dont like a trade than vote it down...........but dont do what they did an turn round an do da same thang an expect that othaz dat backed u on one hand aint gonna stab yall in da back on da next...............COMPTON haz been in 2 leaguez with losaz that made all of da problemz on dis site COMPTONz (yall can guess what dat really meanz) fault..........one wuz Jess Burkett league.................treated COMPTON like garbage.........ran COMPTON out..............now dat league iz defunct.............MML prolly wont b far behind...............so b careful what yall wish fo in yo so called quest 2 b riteious.....................COMPTON
One of da top performaz in Sim History
Winnin Pct
Playoff Pct
WLS Appearance Pct

Legendary Teamz in Ty Cobb, Johnny Bench an Fred Lynn Leaguez

COMPTON
PizzaMan8

Post by PizzaMan8 »

Couple things:
1. I agree that the claim that the two are the same person did come out of nowhere.
2. If you feel there have been unfair trade, please provide some examples. I would like to see your opinion on the matter.
3. It was never said that trading was not allowed. Rather, it's the gross undervaluation of (essentially) the first overall pick, time and time again, that ruffles some feathers here.
4. Re: Compton, I agree that trading and winning is the name of the game. I also agree that some people have overreacted, but that also includes you to an extent. You may not be here to be social, and that's alright, but I believe a certain level of civility is to be expected, from all parties.
5. No one said sitting tight was the only way to play, rather it's the consensus that it's the best way to build talent. Even I'm not the prime example of that; of my current starting lineup and key pitching staff, only 2 SPs and catcher are of my own drafting. Instead, it's the fact that a first round (usually first overall) is being grossly undervalued, and practically given away time and time again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the main concern that I feel the majority of owners here have is trading in bad faith, not simply unfair trades (though some have been quite questionable). It's become increasingly clear that the a high draft pick is able to be obtained for relative peanuts, and thus gives an unfair advantage to certain owners.

I'm not here to attack anyone. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I would greatly prefer the conversation to remain civil, and to have a proper discussion on the matter.
compton10101

Post by compton10101 »

yo now pizza makez coherent pointz...........COMPTON refuzez 2 read previous postz so COMPTON concludez dat othaz played tha COMPTON iz in colluzion blah blah blah............pizza COMPTON appreciatez yo prespective an Admin here banned 1 of 3 an COMPTON from tradin which iz ridiculous but dat iz wud happenz when peeple play it like COMPTON stated in previous post.........COMPTON believez pizza an a few othaz hold no malice or prejudice which unfortunately occurz much 2 often on dis site............let peeple play how they want.........if yall want in dealz offa them an let da league decide............COMPTON iz thru wit dis converasashun..............COM{PTON
Winnin Pct
Playoff Pct
WLS Appearance Pct

COMPTON
finn51

Post by finn51 »

To one of three,this is the clown who said you and Compton are the same,your post makes no sense,if you don't want people thinking your the same and/or colluding,don't make it obvious ,you play like you don't know what your doing!!!
pokergob

Post by pokergob »

I agree with oneofthree when referring to me that there is nothing worse than a crybaby and whining. So to that I apologize to you and to the league.

My "whining" is that in 7 years in this league I have never had a reason to be frustrated with anyone. Like finn51, I don't know what the trades accomplish for oneofthree.

When I first started playing, I made some trades that offended people because they were too imbalanced and in retrospect terribly bad. The league got on me really hard. I was naive and made mistakes.

What I did was re-evaluate my trades and purpose. I took what they said to as a chance to improve and manage better. They were right. Some of them even called me a stupid noob, joker, idiot, whatever...

What I didn't do was go into another lopsided trade within hours of having a trade reversed.

I feel like the trades oneofthree are making show bad faith especially the latest one.

As for now, it's impossible for me to believe you don't know better, perhaps now your entertainment in this league is causing mayhem and disruption rather than winning.
compton10101

Post by compton10101 »

an itz comical 2 COMPTON dat peeple git upset bout tradez but totally OK wit tankin like a few teamz r..............dont see how dat much betta in disruptin da league............buncha BS...............COMPTON
Winnin Pct
Playoff Pct
WLS Appearance Pct

COMPTON
pokergob

Post by pokergob »

@compton Tanking has it's consequences. It's well within the rules for a team to tank and in a league where there is no direct penalty, it's a winning way to rebuild.

When my team tanked, it pissed off some managers to the point where they won't trade with me, even now. That's one indirect consequence. I deal with it. People in the league have control over whether they choose to trade with teams that they feel tank and if those teams are in their division they can benefit by beating them. What they don't have control of are trades that occur between other teams.

During the process of having a very bad team, I didn't allow myself to be taken advantage of and trade away my 1st Round Pick for a Veteran or Mediocre Veteran and some possibly nots that wouldn't help me win.

We know if you get some veterans with mentoring, it will help your rookies, etc. But when I see a trade where a rookie is passed their improvement curve and at B or B- somethings wrong there.

Despite all of this, I honestly think you're a great manager. You know exactly what you need to do to win. You also found a team that could farm you good picks and players and take advantage of them. As a great manager, you knew the trades would anger the league especially after the protest.

I didn't care so much about your trades, they were what they were and I would manage around them.

When it came to the point where the trade was overturned between you and oneofthree, I thought you'd both cool down and think it over. But no, you guys immediately traded again. You smacked us all in the face and as a result two teams in the league can't trade with each other.
compton10101

Post by compton10101 »

memo 2 poke............COMPTON dont really care bout tankin eitha.........when yall give takez dat present it fairly COMPTON gitz yo point.........COMPTON aint turnin down any chance 2 git betta..........COMPTON haz neva brought up tank jobz befo an wuz only lookin 2 make a point...........COMPTON still shoodnt b shut down from tradin but it iz wud it iz.............COMPTON
Winnin Pct
Playoff Pct
WLS Appearance Pct

COMPTON
pokergob

Post by pokergob »

@compton had you of cooled off with oneofthree you would have been fine.

You went right back in and did what brought attention to you in the first place. I have no problem with being a good trader and tough negotiator as you are, but I think you're a veteran taking advantage of oneofthree with oneofthree claiming complete ignorance.

I see your side, you want to win.

If oneofthree secretly wants other teams to win at their own demise, that's wrong and it's wrong if they don't care about winning.

They're not supposed to be here to farm their trade picks to the league and make teams better.

You are not completely free of any blame getting barred from trading with oneofthree. You took the bait and you got banned.

Despite all this, it hurts this league because we have two teams that can't trade with each other and one of them not trying to win. The DynastyBot plays better!

Return to “Earl Averill League”