Over halfway through the season

Discussions for the Earl Averill League.
PizzaMan8

Over halfway through the season

Post by PizzaMan8 »

...and the top team in the AL right now is a bot. How are you guys feeling about this? I'm just curious.
Twogds

Re: Over halfway through the season

Post by Twogds »

Well my personal opinion is that if the rest of the teams in the league are not good enough to beat them, there is not much we have to complain about if you don’t like it build a better team
jrthecrusher

Post by jrthecrusher »

I think it's worth noting that the bot inherited a contending team that was built up pretty well by taxman(at least on the offensive side). Even if that team stays unowned it'll be a bit tougher than your average dynastybot for a few seasons. If not for the thin pitching staff I'd say that squad is a pretty good target for a poacher looking to scoop up an instant winner.

Then again pitching is pretty thin league-wide so it doesn't surprise me at all the bot with the stacked offense is leading the AL. At the end of the day it's players that win the games and that team has plenty of them.
pokergob

Post by pokergob »

Twogds wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:56 pm Well my personal opinion is that if the rest of the teams in the league are not good enough to beat them, there is not much we have to complain about if you don’t like it build a better team
Wise words from a manager who has 70 seasons and a .439 winning percentage and zero World Series appearances. The OP was not complaining and simply asking for our opinion.
jrthecrusher

Post by jrthecrusher »

It took an entire season and 7 games of ALCS, but humanity was finally able to prevail over the machines......for now :o
pokergob

Post by pokergob »

jrthecrusher wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:23 pm It took an entire season and 7 games of ALCS, but humanity was finally able to prevail over the machines......for now :o
Well put!
PizzaMan8

Post by PizzaMan8 »

pokergob wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:23 pm
jrthecrusher wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:23 pm It took an entire season and 7 games of ALCS, but humanity was finally able to prevail over the machines......for now :o
Well put!
Only barely, though :|

Doesn't help when your team goes 10-20 to end the regular season, barely crawling across the finish line after being up 10+ games on the 3rd spot.

Congrats to Pittsburgh on winning, too. Your team was clearly better than mine this season, but anything could've happened.

Return to “Earl Averill League”