New Commissioner?

Discussions for the Harold Baines League.
ballmark

New Commissioner?

Post by ballmark »

It has not gone unnoticed that CEO, our exalted and usually-until-recently-very-active-Commissioner and Supreme Leader has not logged into the site since mid-December and by now is locked out as it also appears his subscription is expired.

So we must begin the conversation about replacing him.

I am willing to do it, however I would suggest that skycoyote might be a better choice, especially if the merger with the Lou Whitaker League were to happen soon (as in, before the end of the month).

I have a Support Ticket filed about this (the Commish vacancy) and included a nudge about the merger.

Your thoughts?
gannable

Re: New Commissioner?

Post by gannable »

I'd say were need a new commissioner.

But, this league won't be the same without CEO. I'm not sure how long I'm going to stick around if there isn't a merger.

Its not the HBL anymore without CEO.
CEO

Post by CEO »

I would definitely let you guys know if I was leaving the league.

I'm still here
CEO

Post by CEO »

Just let me know who wants to take over and I will message Admin.

No problem.
skycoyote

Post by skycoyote »

I do not think a merger is going to happen, altho I certainly haven't heard anything from Admin about it at all. But only five owners in the LWL have expressed an interest in a merger (no one has said they are opposed, however). Has anyone discussed this with Admin? I think that should be done ASAP. If we do have a merger, I would be happy to be the commish, but only if there is a merger.
lyle

Post by lyle »

:o :shock: :o :D CEO is alive :D :o :shock: :o
gannable

Post by gannable »

I was assuming CEO was gone . So I don't think there's a reason to change commissioner.

But we do need a couple chaperones, Washington , SF, and KC are abandoned.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

As long as Vince (CEO) is an owner here, he holds the keys to the HBL, as far as I'm concerned.

As to the merger, Admin did say he wouldn't be able to get to it until after the Dynasty League seasons had started and some of those leagues were merged. He was also trying a "5-day waiting period" to get a "special discount" for renewing teams and that may be playing a part.

I'm expecting mergers to pick up by the end of the month and we will certainly continue pressing for one.

Once we merge, I would be all for a Co-Commish role for CEO and skycoyote. There need not be any losers in this merger.
skycoyote

Post by skycoyote »

I would happy to let CEO stay as commish!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The LWL only has three holes right now, although if there is a duplicate owner that would allow a merge.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Return to “Harold Baines League”