Withdrawal from option

Discussions for the Harold Baines League.
BabyDoc

Withdrawal from option

Post by BabyDoc »

I optioned Kevin Poindexter, then decided to pull him back from options. I'm in plenty of time, and I clicked on "Options" as I'm supposed to. That should have brought him back to my roster, but it didn't. All it did was put in a claim for me.

I will try putting in a request to Admin, but if you are one of the other teams with a claim on him, please "un-claim" him so that I will get him on options and not have to wait for Admin to correct this.
lgriffio

Re: Withdrawal from option

Post by lgriffio »

It looks like you may have waived him directly off the major league roster, which I think is possible via the Promote/Waive page. In that case, you wouldn't have the option of reclaiming him.
todd999430

Post by todd999430 »

I’m confused.
BabyDoc

Post by BabyDoc »

lgriffio, you're probably right. I would have thought they were the same.
Never mind.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Todd, here's the difference:

A) You demote a player from your Depth Chart. Said player is optioned to minors, but you retain right to put him back on your major league roster.

B) You waive a player from your Promote/Waive page under GM menu. Player has to go through options, because he retains major league rights if picked up by another club, but you cannot reclaim him immediately back onto your roster. You lose rights to him because you put him on waivers, not just a demotion.

Scenario A is telling the player you want to keep him, Scenario B is telling the player you don't want him anymore, even if you change your mind later. And that's why you have to get in line and take a number in Scenario B like everyone else.
BabyDoc

Post by BabyDoc »

It would make sense if the player waived from your Promote/Waive page went to the FA pool if unclaimed. And I wish that is how it worked, since sometimes I waive someone from my majors, and then fail to notice them showing up in my minors the next day, and they eat up CP for half a season before I realize it.
Anyway, since they end up in your minors either way if they go unclaimed, I don't see why they treat it any different based on which page you use to waive them. But since Admin is...umm...limited in their interest in Sim Dynasty, it's certainly not worth asking about.
lgriffio

Post by lgriffio »

I agree that the way it works is illogical.

Return to “Harold Baines League”