Confused re: Draft

Discussions for the Harold Baines League.
lyle

Re: Confused re: Draft

Post by lyle »

I see now he just joined in the 2046 season. So 4 or 5 months ago. I just starting assisting with this in the last month with CEO on break. CEO should have took is team off the for sale list at that time during the 2046 season. My error I guess. I don't know what the old / regular commish did or didn't do. The old commish CEO just said real life to busy and has been gone with out much heads up or parting words of what is going on or what needs to be done. So whatever Chris wants to do I guess...
gannable

Post by gannable »

I think we just need to adjust St Louis draft position then rerun the draft.
lyle

Post by lyle »

A quick do over is fine by me. Just get this season going again..
lyle

Post by lyle »

I changed the draft list to the current order if St Louis is now an active team. Phili still 1st. Wash and Min still have no regular owners (that I know of) so they still move to the back of draft. This leaves St Louis at the 2nd spot. WASH, MINN, and SAN FRAN are at the back of the draft still.
gannable

Post by gannable »

crap, i think i reported lyle's post by accident.

I was trying to quote it.

lyle has the correct order.

we can't wait for CEO.
ADMIN needs to do it.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Well, to be fair, St. Louis is active only in the sense that a chaperone is in place, but yes :arrow: there IS an owner watching over that roster and the team should not be at the bottom of the draft.
I don't remember it being that complicated.
LOL! It's not! It wasn't! Don't let me raise your blood pressure, man.
Last edited by ballmark on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lyle

Post by lyle »

So....Chaperone teams and teams that kinda have owners should remain in the old draft order even if your not a regular owner. I don't remember it being that complicated. Fine. I don't have multiple lists. I have a list of teams that are for sale. The teams that are likely to get dropped in a merger. If we are getting into teams with shadow owners and stuff that, then have Chris just reset the draft list and the draft. And skip dropping the dead teams totally. If a star players goes to a team that is not used in a year so be it. It was a good idea but now it is causing problems.
todd999430

Post by todd999430 »

If my job is to chaperone a team to get it to be attractive enough that someone takes it over, why would you bump me to the end of the draft?

Unless you’re talking about unowned teams and not chaperoned teams.

And regardless, if you use this policy, you’re artificially improving the non-vacant/chaperone teams... which is suspect leading up to a merge.

But I’m here to chaperone and get this team sold. It’s my sixth chaperoned team. All the others have been purchased. This one just needs a lot of work.
todd999430

Post by todd999430 »

And if this team is getting dropped in a merge, then do whatever.

Assuming there is a merge.

I mean... there’s a merge, right?
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

It was only to be **unowned** teams, not chaperoned ones, Todd. We do appreciate your efforts, man. And actually, only unowned teams that had sat vacant for at least -- if I remember correctly -- at least six weeks (two complete seasons) prior to being bumped to the bottom.

As far as I know, the merge is still on -- but ALL merges were put on hold while Chris figures out a way to retain access to each league's history after a merge, which he had a brainstorm about recently and now thinks is possible. He had hoped to have it ready about two weeks ago but looks like he ran into a delay. Inevitable with coding and limited resources (time and only one guy doing it).

Return to “Harold Baines League”