Problem

Discussions for the Harold Baines League.
gannable

Problem

Post by gannable »

So, now there's 5 unowned teams.

And no interest on the website.
The teams will probably never be filled.

Can we continue?

I don't see how.
ballmark

Re: Problem

Post by ballmark »

There are six other leagues with our basic ruleset.

6 GPD
System 5 Minors
Variable Development
No Winning Pct. Modifier
Letters w/+ and -
No Hidden Improvements

Half of them also have vacancies.

Amos Otis League - only one opening
Lou Whitaker League - two openings (different Retirement System) :arrow: maybe four; three no check-ins and one chaperone
Mark Fidrych League - three openings :arrow: maybe four as I see two chaperones and two no check-ins.

Our 11 plus 12 others in two of those leagues is a 24-team league (w/one vacancy). Anybody game to talk merger...?
gannable

Post by gannable »

I see a merger as the only option.
These vacancies will never be filled.
And its inevitable that someone else leaves in the near future.

Frankly, I'm in favor of a merger but I don't know if I would join the new league. The HBL is my only remaining league. It was my first league. I've set my team up in a way that has been my goal for a while. Its the only reason why I'm continuing at simdyansty, (not because of the security breach but I want to phase out this addiction.) I'm finished with football. I joined a league because geosfreddy was the commissioner but due to his absence I have no interest any longer.

I'd rather carry on with the current league but I don't see how that's possible. We can't even get a couple chaperones.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Well, to be fair about the chaperones, we haven't really tried. I will post something for the chaperone community.
lyle

Post by lyle »

I'd be fine with joining another league and forming a bigger 24 team one. I would hope most of the current players that are left here would stay on too...
lyle

Post by lyle »

There is a chaperone community? What again is chaperone here? I offered to hop on a few minutes a season during the original post but CEO said he had it. If chaperone'n is just keeping an eye on the dead teams I'd volunteer for that...
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

A chaperone is an owner - given the stamp of approval by Admin - who has the ability to "adopt" a vacant team (only in leagues in which you don't play) and run the roster as if it were your own, with an eye on making that team attractive enough for someone looking for a leg up to purchase it. They don't like chaperones to foster more than two teams at a time, though I have seen more.

If you're interested, post a message to Admin, Lyle.
gannable

Post by gannable »

Personally, I think the website is toast.

I'm not being critical of anyone because its nobody's fault. And I'm not even being negative because it's reality.

I;ve been on another website based game that had a huge following 7-10 yrs ago but now its dying a slow death.

Attention spans have been dropping over the past 100 yrs or so but they are nonexistent in today's world. People aren't interested in anything other than a quick fix.
You need a game played on an app so people can stare like zombies into their stupid phones.

Games like this aren't designed for phone apps. You'd probably have to program the game to run a season everyday, easily viewed on your zombie device... i mean cell phone... for people to be interested in joining.

That's the sad reality.
These cell phones have put the death knell on attention span, patience, human decency, logic, and intelligence.
skycoyote

Post by skycoyote »

I'd be fine with merging with another league.
lgriffio

Post by lgriffio »

I would also be up for sticking around in a merged league.

Return to “Harold Baines League”