Moderators: swope81, ashuran9

imalbundy2

Re: And there you have it!

Post by imalbundy2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:04 pm

WillyD wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:45 pm
imalbundy2 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:12 pm
dude, what are you going on about? i stopped after the first sentence.

try again.
Translation of what Bundy said:

"You lost me at Defense." :lol:
no, i was lost when he tried to tell us that my settings and defense are the problem when they haven't changed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WillyD

Post by WillyD » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:07 pm

imalbundy2 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:04 pm
WillyD wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:45 pm
imalbundy2 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:12 pm
dude, what are you going on about? i stopped after the first sentence.

try again.
Translation of what Bundy said:

"You lost me at Defense." :lol:
no, i was lost when he tried to tell us that my settings and defense are the problem when they haven't changed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Settings not changing aside (which is a problem in itself), you said yourself you're playing guys out of position. And statistically your defense is much worse than last year when you finished with a +5 and only 60 errors.

imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:34 pm

how in god's name do you know what my fielding stats were last season? we don't have access to that information.

i'm only playing one guy out of position - converting my CF to 2B. but with Fump out, he's back at CF so no one is out of position.

earlier in the season i was converting my 1B to 2B and my 2B to 3B. plus i lost my starting SS for awhile. those are the main reasons why my defense stats are skewed. but that doesn't explain why they haven't improved. if anything, they've got WORSE.

this shit happened when i was rebuilding too. i had at least one odd season where my defense was good even though i was playing turds and lots of guys out of position. it was the main reason i lost out on the #1 pick that season. i think the very next season i finished dead last in fielding with the same frikking players. my whole point is that ABE is broken....or out to get me. it's much more logical that he's broken. but if people don't want to admit it, then there's only one other option.

i found a bug in the substitution code over the weekend in a league where i'm converting a position player to catcher in the majors.

WillyD

Post by WillyD » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:51 pm

How do I know? We know things Bundy that you do not. I know that shocks you, but it's true!

Here's some other things I know:
Your 1st baseman hasn't converted to 2nd base yet. Right now he's a C rating at 2nd base. That's not good, especially with a B- arm.
The guy that converted from 2nd to 3rd is currently playing 1st base vs LHP. He's C+rated at 1st base, not good with a B range.
Your defensive OFers have wet noodles for arms. B speed (and higher) rated baserunners are going 1st to 3rd, and 2nd to home, and even 1st to home on you all game, every game.

Oh and the substitution bug has been around forever. Other owners have been using it to convert players to catcher that aren't rated high enough to start there.

swope81

Post by swope81 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:13 pm

loonatic wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:57 am
Yeah, if you have guys with C- or B- arms playing in the outfield, you are basically conceding that baserunners take an extra base (1st to 3rd, 2nd to home) whenever someone hits a single. Note that all 3 of my starting outfielders in this league have an A+ arm and my team ERA is about a half a run a game better than yours. It's not surprising to see a team underperform with weak outfield defense or guys playing out of position.
This is a great point. Defensive ability can save you soooooo many runs.

Another piece of evidence of how Bundy doesn't understand the finer points of winning.

swope81

Post by swope81 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:14 pm

WillyD wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:51 pm
How do I know? We know things Bundy that you do not. I know that shocks you, but it's true!

Your 1st baseman hasn't converted to 2nd base yet. Right now he's a C rating at 2nd base. That's not good, especially with a B- arm.
The guy that converted from 2nd to 3rd is currently playing 1st base vs LHP. He's C+rated at 1st base, not good with a B range.
Your defensive OFers have wet noodles for arms. B speed (and higher) rated baserunners are going 1st to 3rd, and 2nd to home, and even 1st to home on you all game, every game.

Oh and the substitution bug has been around forever. Other owners have been using it to convert players to catcher that aren't rated high enough to start there.

Willy, he'll never get it. He just can't or refuses to see these things for himself.

Or lacks the mental aptitude to adjust for it.

I vote for the last option lol

imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:27 pm

WillyD wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Seriously guys? i had the same OF's with the same noodle arms last season. How many times do I have to write that I have the same players as last season when it won 123 games.

I gave up on converting my 1B to 2B awhile ago. I began converting my CF to 2B instead, but with Fump injured he's back at CF.

There is not a bug in converting a guy to catcher in the majors - those are how the settings work. I am one of the owners who have been doing it forever. I wrote that I FOUND a bug WHILE converting a player to catcher in the majors.

Does anyone read what I write? Or do they use The Little Golden Book of Alternative Facts?

The ONLY way you have last years stats if if you save the stats out to excel after every season. I guess I just don't care about the game THAT much.

WillyD

Post by WillyD » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:41 pm

imalbundy2 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:27 pm
The ONLY way you have last years stats if if you save the stats out to excel after every season. I guess I just don't care about the game THAT much.
Wrong again. Anyone can look it up. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Did you ever think, even for a second, that your team over-performed a bit last year? Of course not. You probably whined about their performance last season too. You really should change your user name to Bundyflakes.

imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:16 pm

thanks, but i'll pass. i never associate myself with Trump who is the KING of the REAL snowflakes.

as far as stats go, i don't neb around like some people. really, what is the point of looking at another teams previous stats unless it was to try to make them look like an ass? i KNOW my fielding stats were good last season so i don't HAVE to look it up.

loonatic

Post by loonatic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:08 pm

I haven't decided which is more absurd:

(A) that Bundy thinks his "my teams are getting screwed by ABE" schtick would be be amusing or entertaining to any other owners after about two posts (let alone hundreds if not thousands of such tiresome posts)

(B) that Bundy thinks that there truly is a conspiracy built into the code to screw his teams, and yet continues to spend hundreds of dollars on subscription fees each year

Return to “Ed ONeill League”