And there you have it!

Discussions for the Ed ONeill League.

Moderators: swope81, ashuran9

imalbundy2

And there you have it!

Post by imalbundy2 »

three one run games immediately AFTER my post to a team that just traded me it's best SP.

ABE has been weighed, ABE has been measured, and he has been found wanting.

i just LOVE it when things prove themselves FOR me - just like every time Trump opens his mouth or goes on a twitter rampage.

:lol:
imalbundy2

Re: And there you have it!

Post by imalbundy2 »

and then, THIS....at the exact spontaneous point in the space time continuum that Hallman comes back.

Truck Fump was injured in today's game and is expected to be out for 31 days.

yeah, it's just a coincidence.

:roll:

my team should EASILY be 20 games ahead of the next team over here in the NL.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Beside the settings, part of the problem is your team's defense. Pittsburgh is currently the 4th worst team defensively, with a really bad -32 rating on the +/- stat, and 94 total errors.

You have multiple players playing out of position. And then there is the hidden defensive liabilities of your outfielders. Your LFer has a pathetic C- arm! That's pretty much an automatic extra base on every ball hit to him. Yeah I know he has 10 assists, but he's likely had an extra 100 chances too! Your CF has a B- arm which is only a little better.

Your team can overcome this obviously, and still place 1st in the NL, but you won't win 120 games very often without the whole package of hitting, pitching and defense. I haven't seen any dominant teams without a defense that wasn't at least middle of the pack.
loonatic

Post by loonatic »

Yeah, if you have guys with C- or B- arms playing in the outfield, you are basically conceding that baserunners take an extra base (1st to 3rd, 2nd to home) whenever someone hits a single. Note that all 3 of my starting outfielders in this league have an A+ arm and my team ERA is about a half a run a game better than yours. It's not surprising to see a team underperform with weak outfield defense or guys playing out of position.
imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 »

dude, what are you going on about? i stopped after the first sentence.

it's not settings and it's not defense. my ratings are skewed by the fact that early in the season i tried to train someone at 2B, and my SS was out for awhile. everything else defense related is part of ABE pulling his bullshit to make my team less successful. and as i recall, your team made the WS one season with one of the lowest rated defenses in the league.

it's the same team won that won 123 games last season - arguably better - with the same settings.

try again.
loonatic

Post by loonatic »

If you are ranking defenses by team fielding percentage (as this game does by default), then that's the wrong way to way to assess quality of defense.
imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 »

did i just read that? trump must have hacked loony's account.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

imalbundy2 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:45 pm did i just read that? trump must have hacked loony's account.

No one acts more like Trump than you do. The difference is that his settings are working, and your's aren't.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

imalbundy2 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:12 pm dude, what are you going on about? i stopped after the first sentence.

try again.
Translation of what Bundy said:

"You lost me at Defense." :lol:
imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 »

WillyD wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:16 pm
imalbundy2 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:45 pm did i just read that? trump must have hacked loony's account.

No one acts more like Trump than you do. The difference is that his settings are working, and your's aren't.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what country do you live in, dude? you cannot be American and write something like that. are you one of our brothers from the great white north, eh?

Return to “Ed ONeill League”