Who feels their team is one pitcher away?

Discussions for the Ed ONeill League.

Moderators: swope81, ashuran9

thatrogue

Who feels their team is one pitcher away?

Post by thatrogue »

Well then, you could draft Takashi Hanzawa (http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?mo ... d=12776841) with the second overall pick. I don't think it's likely that JJ will take Hanzawa with the 1st overall pick (feel free to ask him beforehand), so, since I have four picks in this draft class, I'll consider trading my second overall pick...IF I get an offer good enough to pass on taking one of the young prospects available (and they are crunchy good).

Of course, JJ could preempt me and make the trade, but then I'm likely to get the prospect that I think is best for my team...so that's also a win. Therefore, if you are looking for a solid starting pitcher to put your team over the top, let me know, and let's make a deal.
imalbundy2

Re: Who feels their team is one pitcher away?

Post by imalbundy2 »

well Mr Carpetbagger, we got somethin around these parts called the Missouri boat ride......aka, the loss penalty.

neither one of you will be drafting 1-2.
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

I totally forgot about that. It's been so long since I dumped, that I forgot this league has a loss penalty. :lol:

What is the actual rule? Since we switched forums, the league rules thread is no longer available. Does that mean I'll be drafting fourth, or would I draft third? In any case, my offer still stands, though the odds of getting Hanzawa are a bit different.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

110 losses hits the penile.....penalty.

You'd be picking 3rd as you have more wins than Vah JJ.
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

Thanks Swopes! I appreciate the update!!!

In any case, that still works. What's the likelihood that Swopes or Nards takes Hanzawa (http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?mo ... d=12776841), especially with all the crunchy young pitchers available? The pick is still available, if anyone wants to make an offer that's worth my while.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

I'm definitely NOT taking him at #1. He's good, don't get me wrong. And most years he'd be worthy, but I'm so far away and just started my rebuild so he doesn't make a lot of sense for me.
Pierzynski

Post by Pierzynski »

Hanzawa is available

Picks or prospects or both
stahler72

Post by stahler72 »

I see you mentioning the rule here... but the rule is not posted anywhere.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

It got lost when the league came back from the hack. There was a thread with the league rules and everything.

Is it really that big of a thing? I mean, some years it'll help you and some years it'll hurt you.
stahler72

Post by stahler72 »

The rules need to be reposted and made stickie to the top. I never knew about the penalty or any other special rules when I joined the league...

Please note, that I am not being penalized. I just want to know what the rules are.

Return to “Ed ONeill League”