Trade Value Debate

Discussions for the Ed ONeill League.

Moderators: swope81, ashuran9

thatrogue

Trade Value Debate

Post by thatrogue »

Another owner tells me that Roy Moss (http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12647232) is only worth a playoff first round pick, because, despite the A VEL/A- CTRL ratings, it has a career ERA of 4.56. To get the trade done, said owner will also throw in a playoff second round pick.

I pointed out that I have been playing scrubs on defense, because my team is rebuilding...and those terrible defensive ratings have affected Moss' hits allowed, WHIP and ERA. I say that an OS30 (five full-powered seasons left) A/A- pitcher is worth a first round pick and a decent pitching prospect.

So, what do you guys think? Is the other owner deliberately undervaluing Moss and making a lowball offer? Or, am I asking for too much?
imalbundy2

Re: Trade Value Debate

Post by imalbundy2 »

what i offered will be - barring an act of god - a non playoff first and a non playoff second.

the dude has been consistently mediocre but i need a #5 SP. for crying out loud, you got him free from the WW and got lucky with improves.

good luck getting more than i offered.
blumer5

Post by blumer5 »

thatrogue wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:58 am Another owner tells me that Roy Moss (http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12647232) is only worth a playoff first round pick, because, despite the A VEL/A- CTRL ratings, it has a career ERA of 4.56. To get the trade done, said owner will also throw in a playoff second round pick.

I pointed out that I have been playing scrubs on defense, because my team is rebuilding...and those terrible defensive ratings have affected Moss' hits allowed, WHIP and ERA. I say that an OS30 (five full-powered seasons left) A/A- pitcher is worth a first round pick and a decent pitching prospect.

So, what do you guys think? Is the other owner deliberately undervaluing Moss and making a lowball offer? Or, am I asking for too much?
Knowing now who's team it is, and looking at his roster I probably wouldn't pay more than what he is offering.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

Daren is the king of lowballing your guys and highballing his own. Nice to see him get a taste of his own medicine.
blumer5

Post by blumer5 »

as long as ballin is involved, daren is always king
swope81

Post by swope81 »

All the ballin' aside, I agree with Daren, he's worth more than a playoff 1st. Should get two for him.
stahler72

Post by stahler72 »

I don't care about his performance. He was on a fairly crappy team. I would expect 1 non playoff 1st round with a 2nd or 2 playoff first rounders.
imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 »

um....dude, i offered what will certainly be a non playoff first and a non playoff second.

i don't know what the hell he was writing about in the original post.

i wrote that when he accepts less than what i offered i will call him out on it - looks like that will be the case. it won't be the first time.
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

swope81 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:16 pm All the ballin' aside, I agree with Daren, he's worth more than a playoff 1st. Should get two for him.
I agree-the player always gets a 1st and a young decent prospect or a 1st and 2nd if they aren't
too low. --Unless you know it would be a top five pick.
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

However everything is debatable--Swope and I made a deal in the MSL a few baseball years back
where I might have given him some better players for some young stuff, but like playing chess--if
you think ahead it ended up giving me 3 #1 picks in a row--so it really depends on your motive????????????

Return to “Ed ONeill League”