swope81

Re: 2123 WS

Post by swope81 »

Way to go!!!
imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 »

you guys looking for a date?

that team was no better than 4th place back when we had 4 good teams beating the crap out of each other in the NL. 4 of their 6 bullpen pitchers wouldn't have even made my bullpen last season - and i have the #1 pick!

and you guys like to keep telling people that AYE am lucky.

:roll:
BlondeBombshell

Post by BlondeBombshell »

Thanks Guys . 5th straight season making the post season, first ever world series title .. i had better teams in previous seasons and i thought i could maybe have won before this .. and i agree with this Bundy guy, my team wasn't great this season, but i guess with some luck, and winning at the right time sometimes good things happen .. This Bundy guy reminds me of the teenage girl lover in the other league, can't say anything nice .. that other guy told me and everyone that the player i was pushing to move, wasn't good enough to make the starting lineup on a bad team .. oh by the way, that player went on to have a starting allstar season .. when you run your mouth, the chances are everyone will see that you have no idea what you are talking about ... have a great draft Mr. Bundy .. i am going to watch how a pro puts together a championship team from the bottom
swope81

Post by swope81 »

LOL

Bundy definitely is the biggest DB on the site. And really, it''s not even close. But he is our DB.

All that being said, one thing the guy is good at (beside oral and annoying people) is building a team. I've always felt it was his biggest strength. Sure, he does get a lot of help from Abe with super good ML ready prospects and great drafts. I mean, if there's going to be an A+ young stud pitcher coming up, it will be when Bundy is rebuilding. But he still can build a great team.

His managerial skills need a ton of work as he usually muffs it up once he gets to the playoffs. Especially against good teams with solid Owners who know what they're doing. But, at least he can get there I guess.

He's also great at keeping a bunch of farts in contention. I've seen him tack on 3 or 4 extra seasons of competing just by acquiring old fossils from other teams.

He brags about his titles (or lack thereof). But most of them, his wins anyway, are in the Trial Leagues.
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

swope81 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:06 pm LOL

Bundy definitely is the biggest DB on the site. And really, it''s not even close. But he is our DB.

All that being said, one thing the guy is good at (beside oral and annoying people) is building a team. I've always felt it was his biggest strength. Sure, he does get a lot of help from Abe with super good ML ready prospects and great drafts. I mean, if there's going to be an A+ young stud pitcher coming up, it will be when Bundy is rebuilding. But he still can build a great team.

His managerial skills need a ton of work as he usually muffs it up once he gets to the playoffs. Especially against good teams with solid Owners who know what they're doing. But, at least he can get there I guess.

He's also great at keeping a bunch of farts in contention. I've seen him tack on 3 or 4 extra seasons of competing just by acquiring old fossils from other teams.

He brags about his titles (or lack thereof). But most of them, his wins anyway, are in the Trial Leagues.
And he is LUCKY--like getting the 1st 2 picks in this year's draft--he has a knack for getting the #1 slot even if he has to rest all his pichers and put in the worst pitchers on waiver wire. But as Swope say's he is our DB and it isn't the same without him--plus he is 2nd in all-time WS wins--with Swope closing on him.

And BB is correct--the trade I made with her in the JBL helped me to the play-offs with an otherwise lackluster team for two years...………. :D
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

imalbundy2 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:28 am you guys looking for a date?

that team was no better than 4th place back when we had 4 good teams beating the crap out of each other in the NL. 4 of their 6 bullpen pitchers wouldn't have even made my bullpen last season - and i have the #1 pick!

Not looking for a date Bundy--but by your own admission she is winning with teams worse than yours then
her settings must be better--and she is a force to be reckoned with................ 8-)
swope81

Post by swope81 »

FrosteeTBear wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:32 pm
imalbundy2 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:28 am you guys looking for a date?

Not looking for a date Bundy--but by your own admission she is winning with teams worse than yours then
her settings must be better--and she is a force to be reckoned with................ 8-)

Exactly Frostee.
imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 »

Well i've seen turds make the all star team, win MVP's and even the frikkin CY when they have one magical season.

a long time ago in HKL, I traded some B+/B+ turd who wasn't good enough to make my rotation for a bag of chips and he went on to have the season of his entire career and won the CY. it had nothing to do with settings. it was ALL LUCK.

once in JBL awhile back, i once again had the best team and actually was allowed to MAKE the WS. i was up against the absolute WORST team i have EVER seen make the playoffs let alone the WS. the team had been a bottom feeder and was taken over by a rookie owner. the team had one B- control pitcher and all the rest had C+. not one would have made my ROSTER. needless to say ABE made that pos team outscore my far superior team in 4 out of 6 WS games. it had nothing to do with settings. it was ALL LUCK. the next season the team became a bottom feeder again and the new owner eventually left.

another time in HGL, i won my league by 30 games and got SWEPT in the first round by a team who's best batter would have been my #1 guy off the bench. he was a first team AS for the first and only time of his career. it was his ONLY AS team. and the team had ONE, yes ONE pitcher that would have made my ENTIRE ROSTER. my entire 5 man rotation consisted of MULTIPLE season CY winners. all 5 won at least 20 games that season with my #5 getting the CY. The only first team AS spot I didn't have was because of the turd on the second place team.

that was when i first realized what was really going on here.

the fact is that I know more about this game than anyone and i write what nobody wants to admit or believe.

but go ahead and keep drinking Trumps kool aid, genitalmen. i'll stick wiith my green tea and vodka.

cheers!!
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

imalbundy2 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:33 pm Well i've seen turds make the all star team, win MVP's and even the frikkin CY when they have one magical season.

a long time ago in HKL, I traded some B+/B+ turd who wasn't good enough to make my rotation for a bag of chips and he went on to have the season of his entire career and won the CY. it had nothing to do with settings. it was ALL LUCK.

once in JBL awhile back, i once again had the best team and actually was allowed to MAKE the WS. i was up against the absolute WORST team i have EVER seen make the playoffs let alone the WS. the team had been a bottom feeder and was taken over by a rookie owner. the team had one B- control pitcher and all the rest had C+. not one would have made my ROSTER. needless to say ABE made that pos team outscore my far superior team in 4 out of 6 WS games. it had nothing to do with settings. it was ALL LUCK. the next season the team became a bottom feeder again and the new owner eventually left.

another time in HGL, i won my league by 30 games and got SWEPT in the first round by a team who's best batter would have been my #1 guy off the bench. he was a first team AS for the first and only time of his career. it was his ONLY AS team. and the team had ONE, yes ONE pitcher that would have made my ENTIRE ROSTER. my entire 5 man rotation consisted of MULTIPLE season CY winners. all 5 won at least 20 games that season with my #5 getting the CY. The only first team AS spot I didn't have was because of the turd on the second place team.

that was when i first realized what was really going on here.

the fact is that I know more about this game than anyone and i write what nobody wants to admit or believe.

but go ahead and keep drinking Trumps kool aid, genitalmen. i'll stick wiith my green tea and vodka.

cheers!!
I will always consider you my mentor , Bun , but I have seen teams 42 games ahead of the 2nd place team
in the league and lose.........and so you are right--it hurts teams that should win--but isn't baseball a game of luck sometimes--
players that are the best hitters can get a hit--and go into a deep slump.............same with pitchers--can't get their
rhythm............and if we are talking about best teams--the San Francisco Giants (much as I Love them) would never
have won WS in 2010-2012-2014...........do you agree?

I just recently won 4 straight WS titles in MSL--and honestly believe I won't ever do that again...............baseball is
truly a game of inches and luck.........and I think this league has all quality owners so anyone is capable of winning and
you are definitely one of the brightest of the owners, so you should know that sh*t happens. But that is what makes the
game fun and interesting-- you should play in more leagues!

Now I sound like I want a date with you....................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Ed ONeill League”