The Best Pitcher in JOL History

Discussions for the Jesse Orosco League.

Moderator: klobas2

klobas2

The Best Pitcher in JOL History

Post by klobas2 »

We are witnessing history.

Cincinnati Red Legs pitcher Hermyn Entwhistle has broken the 120 year old record for wins by a pitcher. Entwhistle has now won 372 games and counting, surpassing the old record by Oakland stalwart Jonathan Balboni of 369. Entwhistle is on pace to win his seventh Cy Young award.

If Entwhistle returns for his Age 38 season he is a shoo-in to break the record for career strikeouts and break the 4,000 K barrier. He has struck out 3,956 batters, 41 off the previous record by Oakland hurler Solomon Brenzel.

Brenzel was a teammate of Balboni. The two combined to lead a dominant rotation that won 4 world series titles. Entwhistle has also led a rotation to four world series.

Truly we are witnessing greatness.
allvols

Re: The Best Pitcher in JOL History

Post by allvols »

That is amazing! I think most of his wins have been against the Ridge Runners.
My man Twitchell was the best pitcher Atlanta has ever had, http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12503768
He won 7 cy youngs and should have had 8 in a row but a late season injury cost him, he lost that 1 by 1 vote.
but his stats are nothing compared to Hermyn.

great post
klobas2

Post by klobas2 »

and you got Twitchell second in that draft to the forgettable Dick Dodd.

I'm not sure but I think the Detroit franchise was on autopilot at that point. I'm pretty flexible in drafts but my one rule is: Never draft a relief pitcher with the #1 pick ...unless of course there are no other options.
bygmester

Post by bygmester »

It's been a lot of fun watching Hermyn pitch, I'm going to be sorry to see him retire.
“Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”
-George Herman "Babe" Ruth

Return to “Jesse Orosco League”