Informal Poll

Discussions for the Jesse Orosco League.

Moderator: klobas2

zoocorp

Informal Poll

Post by zoocorp »

I have which I imagine are differing thoughts on why the league has some many haves vs. have nots on a regular basis. As such, I'd like to know how much time people are spending in this league specifically but other examples are fine, too, on average either per day or per season.

I figure, I'm about 150-180 minutes across the 21 day season- 18 reg season days, 2 playoff days, and one draft day

love to hear from the other owners

TY
klobas2

Re: Informal Poll

Post by klobas2 »

That's probably where I am now too.

I've been playing this game for more than 10 years. Years ago before I had kids I spent a lot of time analyzing development patterns in order to spot good draft prospects. I don't spend quite as much time on it now but the time and energy I used back in the day guides my drafting patterns today.

There are certainly some players I whiff on...but I really do enjoy drafting 11 time all-stars in the second round.
JPKellySr

Post by JPKellySr »

I check in multiple times a day to look at the results. At least once a season I spend an hour or so dreaming up trades. I don't spend enough time on the draft, I just try to send the obvious turkeys to the bottom of the list & promote a few promising teenagers to the top.

JPK Texas
bygmester

Post by bygmester »

Before this Covid stuff, a little in the morning and a little at night.
Now? To damn much.

But I always take the time to do my draft.

-bygmester
“Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”
-George Herman "Babe" Ruth
ay42

Post by ay42 »

1 hour total over the course of the season if I'm not in the playoffs. Most of that time is one day looking at the draft and looking at my future needs.

2 hours if I'm in the playoffs, actually watching the games play out and then (inevitably) looking at my settings to figure out why my players decided to steal third when we're up by one with two outs.

/Minn
chance4103

Post by chance4103 »

I check my teams every day and through out the day. Spend more time if in trading mode. Only look at draft on draft day only to set draft. If I work day before draft.
glu24

Post by glu24 »

I’m on multiple times a day with multiple days spent on the draft prep.

I probably spend less time with my team while it’s winning and more time while it’s rebuilding.

No idea on the minutes per day or week.

Montreal
dtv

Post by dtv »

I check the games a couple times a day. Most of my time in a CP league is spent making sure the guys I want to develop are getting enough ICs
PAbraves

Post by PAbraves »

I check on my team multiple times a day.

Several days on the draft, but very little time on the playoffs. Especially if I'm not in the playoffs.

Enjoying my 1st full year in this league and look forward to interaction with owners.

Bullets
allvols

Post by allvols »

I probably check this team a couple of times a day. I like the distraction it provides. More when it's good less during rebuilds for sure.
I've always thought this leagues drafts are very shallow. It seems like other leagues have more red-letter ML ready players available in the draft. So rebuilds here take longer

Return to “Jesse Orosco League”