Things are getting tight in the Washington dugout...

Discussions for the Jesse Orosco League.

Moderator: klobas2

SnrFrijole

Things are getting tight in the Washington dugout...

Post by SnrFrijole »

After having an 8 game lead for the playoffs just 10 games ago, the players on the Washington Lobbyists are starting to feel the squeeze. After an epic collapse, and the team is now tied with Boston for the right to move forward. "One thing after another went wrong, and the whole things is starting to snowball," said MVP candidate Sonny Husta. "We simply must pull ourselves together and take it one day at a time over these last nine games."

The Lobbyists will get injured catcher Buster Dustal back from the DL in a few days, and they will need all they can muster for this final push.
allvols

Re: Things are getting tight in the Washington dugout...

Post by allvols »

have you tried fried chicken and beer?
bygmester

Post by bygmester »

We've got a similar vibe in Cincinnati. After a second straight 100 win season our manager was told playoffs or you're fired. 8 games left and we're tied for second with Montreal with 108 wins. We're past beer and fried chicken here, we need something stronger then that!
“Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”
-George Herman "Babe" Ruth
glu24

Post by glu24 »

Pass Montreal your share of the beer and fried chicken and we can call it even!!!!
ay42

Post by ay42 »

Third year player Ed Armas, former Rookie of the year, and likely NL all-star recipient at 2nd base, clutched his tender elbow that was in a sling after the slip-and-fall incident after batting practice. He looked tired and crestfallen as he addressed the reporters.

"I don't know what happened. I was just walking down the dugout and slipped on that darned banana peel and landed on my arm!", Armas said.

Rumors are flying about a new ballboy who appeared just prior to the practice and hasn't been seen since. Security teams are investigating the CCTV recordings and trying to identify the unknown teenager.

"I was excited to play in the Washington series, the final series of the season. I know we're out of the playoffs, but you know they're going to be playing hard to ensure they make it past Boston and we're not going to roll over for anyone" the Minnesota 2nd bagger declared.

A Twins fan was early at batting practice taking selfies and happened to catch a boy who looks similar to the ballboy in one of her photos and shared it with the team.

"I was, you know, just trying to get the perfect selfie with Ryne Vogelsong in the background, because you know, he's sooooo gorge, and got to get the lighting right with just the perfect pouty lip, and a bit of cleavage but not too much because, you know, I have to give MY FANS something to see but not too much, you know, and ...[edited to keep under the 5,000 word limit] ... after I heard the news about Armas I flipped through the eighty photos of myself and found this kid wearing what looks like WASHINGTONG jersey in the background of one of them. Maybe he's the one who snuck in the banana peel on the dugout steps?"

Security is requesting that anyone other than her, with additional information about this boy, please come forward to provide any information that may lead to the resolution of this incident.
bygmester

Post by bygmester »

This story is certainly sending shock waves throughout the league! When asked to comment on the alleged incident the Redlegs GM stated that changes were coming in Cincinnati's club house, "At this point we're banning all fruit just as a precaution. We've also told the cleaning crew to cancel all floor waxings until further notice." When asked to speak about who has clubhouse access he had no further comment, although when asked later on in the afternoon a team spokesman said the team was reevaluating all all clubhouse security measures. "You can never be to careful." The spokesman said.
“Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”
-George Herman "Babe" Ruth
SnrFrijole

Post by SnrFrijole »

A spokesman for Washington has denied comment.

In other news, the Lobbyists have announced that they have hired Harry Valencia to the staff. Harry, also known as "The Kokomo Coconut", will bring his world renown traveling fruit stand with the team to all road games for the rest of the season. "Me and my vast array of delicious exotic fruits are the secret weapon that will propel Washington to victory!" he said, while also denying any knowledge of the incident in Minnesota.

Return to “Jesse Orosco League”