new hall of famers

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
maxthesax

new hall of famers

Post by maxthesax »

disappointing turnout, but whatcha gunna do?

we have 3 new inductees (with a meager 6 managers voting)

Congrats to: Joe Tramback and Drew Peerson with 5 votes each, and Mike Holland with 4.

also receiving votes: Al Clendenon and Al Adams with 3 votes each
Dan Jimenez, Sandy Kofax and Jim James with 2 votes each
Pat Belitz, Al Dickerson, Mike MacDougal and Dan Lightenberg with 1 vote each
spicoli306

Re: new hall of famers

Post by spicoli306 »

Man, the diverging valuations of Relief Pitchers really confuses me. 5 of 6 got at least a vote, but we all seem to be voting for a different guy (or couple guys). Clendenon and Adams were popular again, but I am just not at all convinced they are anything other than Save vacuums. I just cannot justify voting for them over MacDougal.
maxthesax

Post by maxthesax »

and this was the last year for those "overlooked" veterans - a couple got in, but Jimenez and all those relievers are still on the outside looking in - would it have been different if more managers took the time to vote? who knows?
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

maxthesax wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:20 pm and this was the last year for those "overlooked" veterans - a couple got in, but Jimenez and all those relievers are still on the outside looking in - would it have been different if more managers took the time to vote? who knows?
Nevertheless, thanks for putting them on the ballots! We did manage to get Roscoe Stein, Ed Huskins, J. B. Hood, Dick Sparma and Marty Mack in, so I'm willing to call it a somewhat success.

On a sidenote, it looks like you need to add Hood to the HOF, max. He was inducted from this voting period, but his page still hasn't been updated.
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

I will never cease to be amazed that Clendenon was not voted in long ago.

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”