Worst A rated pitcher ever???

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
spicoli306

Worst A rated pitcher ever???

Post by spicoli306 »

Mark Bottarini

He wasn't much of an ace before his 1st round of declines, but he has really taken underachieving to a next level this season. Dude is pitching like Glass Joe from Mike Tyson's Punchout!
historymann49

Re: Worst A rated pitcher ever???

Post by historymann49 »

Looking at his ERA and WHIP through the years and then seeing his record, I think he suffered from a lack of run support. Your team seems to have had some rough times during the bot years. Now, as you say, he's declining. Badly, apparently.
spicoli306

Re: Worst A rated pitcher ever???

Post by spicoli306 »

historymann49 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:20 pm Looking at his ERA and WHIP through the years and then seeing his record, I think he suffered from a lack of run support. Your team seems to have had some rough times during the bot years. Now, as you say, he's declining. Badly, apparently.
Yeah, I had really stretched him as a starter since his Endurance was only a C. It's likely that trying to get through the 5th & 6th innings he might have produced some subpar results, although my settings are relatively conservative (i.e. if they are ineffective, they likely are pulled as soon as they start to tire). Still, he rarely performed like the Ace that he was expected to be for at least the 1st 5 innings. His best season was 2036 when he finished 2nd in Cy Young voting to teammate Easy Eddie Fisk. That year, I finally made Bottarini the closer because Post was ineffective and I wasn't sold on trusting Terwilliger yet. If Bottarini had remained the #1 starter the whole year, he might have won the Cy Young. Meanwhile, Post is pitching like an HOF closer again at age 37 even though he's darn near being B/B+! :lol:

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”