Trade Complaint

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
Admin
Site Admin

Trade Complaint

Post by Admin »

There has been an abuse report on a recent trade:
Trade #1605947 has been completed between the Atlanta Fans and the Seattle Starbucks . The Seattle Starbucks receive Devlin Gunn, Draft Pick - 2041 Round 2 (ATL) from the Atlanta Fans in exchange for Vince Koch.

If 3 complaints are not received in the next 72 hours, the matter will be considered closed. To lodge a complaint, please visit http://www.simdynasty.com/tradevote.jsp?tradeid=1605947&newsid=1073570787.

I ask that you refrain from discussing trades. Nothing positive ever comes from this. Anyone discussing any trades publicly may have their posting privileges revoked.

So if you feel this complaint is without merit, please simply vote to allow the trade to stand.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that not all trades are equal, and not all inequal trades should be overturned. A trade should only be overturned if there is bad faith on the part of one or both of the teams involved. If both teams get something they need out of the trade and neither party is taking advantage of an unaware trading partner, the trade should stand. Overturning a trade may not be used as a strategic option.

If either of the two owners involved in this deal would like to comment on the deal, please reply to this thread stating the facts or reasons for this trade without emotion or being argumentative.
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
mhollidaze

Re: <t>Trade Complaint</t>

Post by mhollidaze »

Admin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:24 pm ]If either of the two owners involved in this deal would like to comment on the deal, please reply to this thread stating the facts or reasons for this trade without emotion or being argumentative.
This caught me off guard. Atlanta made the offer. I looked it over and as Vince Koch never turned out to be the type of player a No 1 would normally turn out to be, a bust in my opinion, I've had him benched. I brought up my prospect 1B Kenjiro Funkanaga and he is outstanding so far. Atlanta offered a RP, which I was short of, and a low 2nd Rd pick. I felt the pick was better for my team than keeping a vet on the bench with not much mentor value.

The only thing I can think of is this must be teams from the NL that are competing for a playoff spot. And since Vince was a NO 1 pick, and he does have decent skills, this upset these teams. Maybe they feel that with a better team Vince could play up to his skills better. But look at his stats since he has been in the majors. One good season in my opinion with a GG. And at OS32 I think the pick helps me more.

I would love to hear Admins opinion because if you think I blew it big time I'd like to know.

I can assure you there was no collusion or abuse on Seattle's part of this trade. In fact it wouldn't upset me if it was overturned, pretty neutral if you ask me. I did like the idea of picking up an extra draft pick though.

Thanks,
Mike Holliday
mhollidaze
Seattle Starbucks.
spicoli306

Re: <t>Trade Complaint</t>

Post by spicoli306 »

I don't see the issue. I've had to spend less time on SimD lately, so I might be missing something.

Maybe, another owner is seeing the #1 overall pick. That aside, Koch has been a legit bust for years now. Does he have a chance to break out and have a 40 HR season between now and his declines? Yes, but...it's not a guarantee. He's likely to continue to be bad against RHP while hitting LHP somewhat decently. Sure, you may have kept him as a bench bat on a "not-quite-developed" roster, but the 2nd rounder might be a lottery ticket at least.

My 2 pennies...
Michael

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”