some fun observations from a dismal 1st half

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
maxthesax

some fun observations from a dismal 1st half

Post by maxthesax »

concerning the Baltimore Franchise...

1) while the entire American League had NO team with a positive fielding on the plus/minus, Baltimore somehow managed to end up getting robbed more times than gifted (64/61). Concurrent with that is that previously I had never had a player finish a half with more than a -4... until now. Clem Kaddidlhopper who somehow managed to hit in the 280's, was gifted twice, while being robbed 13 frickin' times (yep, a -11 for a single player).

2) so much for that nifty rotation.... while Lon Chere performed per previous years (3.07 era , 1.26 whip) Ozymandias Osborne came in at 3.87, but the real stinker was Shane Onyu, who compiled a 5.29 era and a 1.53 whip - well above his career numbers.... of course the bullpen may have had something to do with that, as to a man, they were abysmal (with career A- major disappointment Mark Kerr leading the way with an amazing 6.20 era and 1.82 whip... perhaps the worst career marks for an A+/B rated pitcher... there have been A+/C+ guys who have consistently outperformed this guy... and for the record his actual numbers are 94/63... while compiling a career mark at age 32 of 4.76 era and a 1.43 whip)
spicoli306

Re: some fun observations from a dismal 1st half

Post by spicoli306 »

maxthesax wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:11 pm there have been A+/C+ guys who have consistently outperformed this guy...
I can't help but feel you are pointing to one of my all-time favorite worthless A+/C+ guys...Tornado Goodell. A guy so bad he once allowed 42 earned runs in 43 and 2/3 Innings pitched and then said "hold my beer" for an encore of 36 earned runs in 42 and 2/3 innings.

Yep, that dude declined to (at best according to my tracking) a 95/50, and he's currently allowed 7 runs in 44 innings. GTFO! :roll:
maxthesax

Re: some fun observations from a dismal 1st half

Post by maxthesax »

methinks sometimes the rating numbers lie.... Kerr just came into the 8th inning trying to hold a 2 run lead and immediately gives up 4 straight hits - so now he's dangerously close to having a 2.00 whip - amazing!!!

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”