why so many bots

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
YanksGiants2011

why so many bots

Post by YanksGiants2011 »

Looking to join another league and there is a team here that interests me, but I am concerned about the number of bots? sometimes it's just circumstance, others it means there there are some owners who are difficult, I'm leaving a pretty good team behind because of that in another league, not matter the potential of the team, it's just no fun there anymore.
maxthesax

Re: why so many bots

Post by maxthesax »

the Dom has a good core of responsible owners, but over time there have been a few who left as their teams were in decline, not wanting to take the time for a rebuild, and for whatever reason those spots have remained empty. Truthfully that's all I can say out the current situation. Hope you decide to check us out - we can use another owner who is "into" the game.
mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze »

Maybe I can help with your question.

First of all I want to say the DDL is a very good league and has some quality owners. I was an owner many seasons ago and left this league after a very good run. My main reason for leaving was my team was going to need a rebuild and I had the idea that I wanted to pursue some Speed League teams. After leaving a few of my Dynasty League teams and joining some 9 and 12 GPD leagues I realized this was not my cup of tea. I didn't have time to put into that many games in a day and so I decided to get back into to the 3 GPD. I kept in touch with the DDL Message Board and wanted to get back in.

I've looked at your record and see you are the type of quality owner we need for this league. Please give us a chance and I think you will see we can be a very good league to join.

Good luck,
Mike- Seattle Starbucks
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

It doesn't really help things when us humans get swept while at home by the bot teams like my New York Gotham Knights just got put down by San Diego's not so great roster. Why don't the robots realize that they should just let us crappy human teams win while they lose and get the best draft picks? Perhaps we'll never know.

Seriously though, OP (YanksGiants2011) shouldn't be worried about this league suddenly having a mass-exodus. The reality of the situation is the Botted teams have been unowned for a long period of time now. Here's my theory: Because the Dynastybot does a poor job of drafting and developing top talent, it leaves other human-run rosters with outgoing owners more attractive to potential new owners. I'll be honest, there were quite a few intriguing players on the NYN roster when I took over control of the team so I am not bitter about some of the mistakes made by the Dynastybot. That being said, there are a ton of huge misses the Dynastybot stuck the roster with: Sam Rullo was the previous 1st round pick (2031) to my control when any idiot would have rather chosen Jack Tucker or Nick Drummond.

Que sera, sera?

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”