new hall of fame inductee

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
maxthesax

new hall of fame inductee

Post by maxthesax »

Boyd Dubiel gets in with 4/6 (yep, only 6 participants... sigh)

also receiving votes:

Mark Verlander 3/6
Carlos Santana 1/6

leaving the list after not receiving votes in their first 2 seasons of eligibility: James Brown and Hector Dashner.
spicoli306

Re: new hall of fame inductee

Post by spicoli306 »

Thanks as always for getting this done, max!

Congrats to Dubiel. I didn't vote for him out of principle, but I absolutely think Boyd should have waltzed into the HOF had DynastyBot not ruined his 32-36 seasons.

The other thing it might do is bust down the door for some of the foreign-born draft picks who have had somewhat abbreviated careers due to late starts. Some of the guys I think should be considered are: Michel Amador, Kengo Nakamura,Katsumi Miyamoto,Masafumi Kondo,Kazuyoshi Toki,Masahiko Tsuboi, and Ruden Mendoza.
maxthesax

Post by maxthesax »

The other thing it might do is bust down the door for some of the foreign-born draft picks who have had somewhat abbreviated careers due to late starts. Some of the guys I think should be considered are: Michel Amador, Kengo Nakamura,Katsumi Miyamoto,Masafumi Kondo,Kazuyoshi Toki,Masahiko Tsuboi, and Ruden Mendoza.

or one may consider Kory Leiter who put up some really nice numbers but had several seasons cut short due to injuries. This would be interesting grist for the mill - I can see where Amador could make an interesting argument for inclusion.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

At 1st I was like, Kory Leiter, who?? So I searched Leiter in the retired players. Sure enough, found Kory Letter.

Yeah, he's definitely a guy who deserves another look. When you factor in his insanely high rate stats, like a .500 SLG% and .851 OPS, with a little bit of mishandling at the start of his career, he certainly looks like a unique choice with lower than normal counting stats. I can also see a bit where you make sense about injuries; especially 1996 when it looks like he should have been an All-Star and even in the MVP mix. His 1995 All-Star was likely lost due to time missed because of injuries. Quite the nice little reclamation project you found there, max!

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”