no hitter denied

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
maxthesax

no hitter denied

Post by maxthesax »

Rich Potter of Cleveland had a no-no going with 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th when Jim Andrus pinched hit for Baltimore pitcher Hartzell (who was throwing a one hitter himself) Andrus jacked a two run bomb to send the home fans home happy.

http://www.simdynasty.com/boxscore.jsp? ... 6&cityid=1
spicoli306

Re: no hitter denied

Post by spicoli306 »

Good week for ex-Baltimore players as well:

Dave Skidmore made his 1st start for another team after 3000+ IP with Baltimore and proceeds to allow 0 earned runs and career win #198.

Aiden Abetting has made 3 appearances and managed 4 IP without allowing a run yet. He might not make his 1st All-Star appearance since I won't have him closing, but if he continues to hold hitters to a .562 OPS, he will certainly be in the running even without the saves.
maxthesax

Post by maxthesax »

glad to see Skid still has a bit left in the tank. Aiden is having a career year for sure - but as I wasn't going anyplace anytime soon, decided to get what value I could for them - solid OF prospect and perhaps a 5th starter out of the deal - about what you'd expect for these ageing players - still wondering if Espy isn't going to turn himself around being in the other league... all I know is that he was sure sucking this season in the AL (and he's no spring chicken either).
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

maxthesax wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 am glad to see Skid still has a bit left in the tank. Aiden is having a career year for sure - but as I wasn't going anyplace anytime soon, decided to get what value I could for them - solid OF prospect and perhaps a 5th starter out of the deal - about what you'd expect for these ageing players - still wondering if Espy isn't going to turn himself around being in the other league... all I know is that he was sure sucking this season in the AL (and he's no spring chicken either).
My plan for Espino is to use him out of the pen. It hasn't paid off yet, but hopefully it will eventually. Since I don't have the strongest of rotations, I really wanted to get a good stable of relievers. If Espino can pitch up to his grades, I will use the combo of Espino-Abetting-Terwillger-Post as a way to hold the leads my offense has been able to typically put up.

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”