new hall of fame members

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
maxthesax

new hall of fame members

Post by maxthesax »

with 8 managers taking part, we have 4 new members: Wib Oulette (a unanimous choice), Les Robinson (7/8) and from the veterans list, Marty Mack (7/8), Roscoe Stein (5/8)

also receiving votes:

Dick sparma 4/8 v
Bily Clement 2/8 v
jb hood 2/8 v
mike macdougal 2/8 v
Ruben Mendoza 2/8
Mark Verlander 2/8
Kaz Toki 1/8
Jim Janes 1/8 v
Al Clendenon 1/8

2033 first timers not receiving votes: (and will be removed from the ballot if they don't receive votes next season) Charlie Coombs, Chris Haney
spicoli306

Re: new hall of fame members

Post by spicoli306 »

Unfortunately, Stein has passed on (lived until 2028), but my man Marty Mack is still kicking at 72. His fellow HOF teammates must have lived much harder lives as Jordan Zimmermann kicked the bucket at 61, Scott Olsen moved on at 68, John Lannan made it to 70, and finally Greg Steenstra hung on to 75.

However, there was one man left standing to present Mack with his plaque at the Hall of Fame ceremony...none other than the DDL all-time hits leader himself, Andre McLaughlin, who turned 76 last January.

Congrats to Mack on finally getting in and thanks to everybody who voted. :D
danno38852

Post by danno38852 »

Great read Spicoli. Thanks for the effort.
mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze »

spicoli306 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:55 amCongrats to Mack on finally getting in and thanks to everybody who voted. :D
You're welcome Michael. But Mack was deserving!
mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze »

spicoli306 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:55 am Unfortunately, Stein has passed on (lived until 2028), but my man Marty Mack is still kicking at 72. His fellow HOF teammates must have lived much harder lives as Jordan Zimmermann kicked the bucket at 61, Scott Olsen moved on at 68, John Lannan made it to 70, and finally Greg Steenstra hung on to 75.

However, there was one man left standing to present Mack with his plaque at the Hall of Fame ceremony...none other than the DDL all-time hits leader himself, Andre McLaughlin, who turned 76 last January.
Also, nice reporting on the Hall Ceremony. Loved the story on all the members who have passed. Only spicoli can do the research and come up with this. Thanks again Michael!
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

mhollidaze wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:07 am Also, nice reporting on the Hall Ceremony. Loved the story on all the members who have passed. Only spicoli can do the research and come up with this. Thanks again Michael!
That's nothing. I had a story planned about Oakland's playoff drought in the event of their 2034 Playoff Berth. Sadly, Oakland will have to wait at least another year. Anyways, the fact I was planning on reporting was that 3 players who played on Oakland's last playoff team (2002), have also sadly passed on. Check it out:

Monte Collins died 2034
Smoky "Bear" Myers died 2032
John Sprague died 2033

I came across this trivia because of my own current franchise(New York-NL)'s long drought without a postseason. I hadn't even noticed how long Oakland's drought had been going.
maxthesax

Post by maxthesax »

ah Monte Collins, I thought I remembered that name.

He had a glorious MVP season back with the Bozos. Pretty solid player.

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”