World Series

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
mhollidaze

World Series

Post by mhollidaze »

Congrats to all the playoff teams. Especially to the New York World Series.

Congrats to the Gotham Knights for such a dominate playoff, only 3 loses throughout. Nice work spicoli after taking over this bot team and turning it around it 3 seasons.

Job well done!
spicoli306

Re: World Series

Post by spicoli306 »

Thanks, Mike!

I was honestly surprised how quickly this roster came together. We had an amazing regular season. Basically all of my pitching improved. A season ago I was really thinking about trying to move Rehg, Reynolds, and Post. Considering the fact that they are a relief pitcher and 2 very average hitters/poor defenders, I wouldn't have been able to get much.

Walters, Swift, Menke, and Fisk are living legends to the Gotham Knight faithful.

I won't expect that level of pitching excellence again. Hopefully, we can pick it up a bit more on offense.

Finally, big props to Aiden Abetting and Dave Skidmore for being exactly the kind of added veteran pitchers we needed to round out the staff. I hope Skidmore is happy to pair his ring with his many, many Cy Youngs. Thanks, max.
maxthesax

Re: World Series

Post by maxthesax »

collusion, what collusion...... LOL

seriously, I hated to part with Skid and Aiden, but at this point in their careers I had to make a move - hopefully it will work out for me long term... and yeah, ya think Skid has a shot at the Hall???

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”