ok ABE, this ain't funny

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
maxthesax

ok ABE, this ain't funny

Post by maxthesax »

for those keeping score at home, 100 games into the season and ABE has already forced me to place 3 starting pitchers on the DL... then for good measure my starting center fielder and my starting shortstop (who still leads the league in steals, in spite of residing on the DL the last 5 games) all have been waylaid. oh, and did I mention that my back up 3b is currently sitting out for 14 games (but I didn't bother DL'ing him..... not that I was contending anyway, but holy moly!
historymann49

Re: ok ABE, this ain't funny

Post by historymann49 »

I've been there. ABE can really crush you when he wants to.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

maxthesax wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:55 pm my starting center fielder and my starting shortstop (who still leads the league in steals, in spite of residing on the DL the last 5 games)
I don't usually pay much attention to the Speed Demons. Looks like Zamora's been setting the peak standard for the speedy leadoff hitters. Skittow may not get to 60 this season, but Zamora only has a 70.5% career success rate compared to a 74.7% success rate for Skittow.

Hartzell probably would have been an All-Star had he not missed the 3 or so starts while injured. He's been all over the place: GOOD= the no-hitter, another shutout of SEA, near shutout of BOS. BAD= the 5 game stretch of 8/4-8/25, his recent start against KC

I think Chere might have faked a 15-day DL stint just so he didn't have to get shelled for a few weeks. He should be solid in a few seasons, but he's gonna have to battle for 3-4 seasons until he hits his stride like Skidmore managed.
maxthesax

Post by maxthesax »

Love your assessments of my guys!

Mo is having a lovely 2nd half - currently down below 260 after hitting over 300 at the break - plus he had 35 steals at the break (out of 45) and now stands at 52 of 72.... way to tank it!

Ditto for Hartzell, who never really reached his potential - just another lefty who can't get it done.
and of course I fully expected Lon Cher to take his lumps, but the upside, as you mentioned, should be good (if he turns into another Skidmore I will be more than pleased).

Interesting season - going in I thought that my bullpen would be a strength, with 3 A- guys at the back end, but wow - both Kerr and Brunet have been awful with high whips and eras in the 6's. Don't think I've ever seen 2 A- guys (who weren't A+ vel, C+ control) do this badly. Of course Brunet being left handed... yeah there we go again... LOL

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”