34 runs , 37 hits

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
Lawman23

34 runs , 37 hits

Post by Lawman23 »

maxthesax

Re: 34 runs , 37 hits

Post by maxthesax »

Haemer gets hammered - way to take one for the team..... LOL
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

Fun for Oakland, anyway.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

Haemer got screwed by the blowout rule* from the Pitchers Manager Prefs.

*Except if my team is Winning by 10 or more Runs, or losing by 8 or more Runs.

I wish there were an additional command to say don't keep a tired pitcher out there when there are 3 or more rested pitchers in the bullpen.

I think the way I get around leaving a pitcher out there for an unnecessary long time is through my pinch hit settings. I use:
*If a SP is tired and comes to bat, he should be pinch hit for Automatically
When he is batting, consider a SP tired if he will become tired after facing the next 0 batters.

I'm assuming Haemer would have likely been pinch-hit for then in the Top of the 8th inning had those been Oakland's settings. And yes, I know that my pinch hit settings mean I don't end up with very many CGs or SHOs, but if I can avoid a disaster like Haemer's final 1 1/3 IP, I think it's worth the sacrifice. If Haemer had exited at that point, his line would have been 7 IP, 3 ERs, 5 K's.

As for the Kansas City side of things, that is just a hideous effort. I wonder if it might be time to move the walls a bit further out in Reed Hrbek Field at Coke Zero Gardens. The sad thing is, even with Kansas City's home field acting like Mile-High-Stadium-circa-1996, Kansas City's Home ERA (5.15) is still better than their Road ERA (5.18).

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”