Congratulations, Generals!

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
historymann49

Congratulations, Generals!

Post by historymann49 »

Congratulations to the NY Generals on their convincing victory in the World Series. Hats off to the Generals! (This will be easy for the Giants to accomplish, as they had their heads handed to them today.)
docjwe3

Re: Congratulations, Generals!

Post by docjwe3 »

Thanks!
mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze »

3 World Series and 2 World Championships in last 5 seasons. Nice Run Doc!
docjwe3

Post by docjwe3 »

Thanks!

Some of my top pitchers are aging, so hopefully my young arms can pick up the slack.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

Old Hoss Al Ellis certainly had a nice 2036. It's amazing that he'd never even gotten an All-Star spot until last season. Statistically, he seemed to always underachieve for whatever reason while he was in his prime. Nice to see him win the Cy Young and get another win in the World Series in what looks like his final season with grades still good enough for those to be possibilities. If Charlie Sele is able to match his playoff performance in the regular season, he will go a long way to replacing what you lose in Ellis. That was a savvy move bringing him up and trusting him in your 4-man rotation. Those risks don't always pay off, but when they do, you look like a genius! :D

I think I noticed this before, but it is quite a surprise that New York (AL) ended up with 2 "Ellis" Ace pitchers. I know Augie Ellis's name was changed after the draft, but Al Ellis was randomly generated and not like you were intentionally creating another Ellis. Augie is likely to be the only Ellis in the Hall of Fame, but Al is the only one who tasted championship glory as a member of your Generals.
docjwe3

Post by docjwe3 »

Al Ellis and Wainwright have both frustrated me through the years. They both have been good but I thought they both would be Ace's. Can't believe they only had 3 all-star seasons between them. Ellis realy did surprise me this season. I gave Sele a September call up and after his consistent performances I just couldn't take him out of the rotation!

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”