Hello Dom DiMaggio League!

Discussions for the Dom DiMaggio League.
DeepThreat

Hello Dom DiMaggio League!

Post by DeepThreat »

Long time SD veteran here who enjoys rebuilding troubled teams and whipping the virtual players into eventual contention like the digital slaves they are! Oh wait, that wasn't very PC of me. My apologies to those who might lack a sense of humor. This is my first time in the DDL. Some of you know me and have played against me in previous leagues. Some have even worked out trades which benefited the both of us. Others I do not know, but hope to broker a strong working relationship with.

Anyway, this could be my last full franchise rebuild as... well... I am starting to grow a bit weary of SD in general. I have decided to give it one more go, to see if I can recapture the old spark and hopefully avoid some of the same old trolls and manipulative scammers/cheaters we've all run into over the years. I see none here, which I can't say for several other leagues, and there happens to be a team with the sort of promising prospects, young MLBers with potential, tradeable assets, and the high draft pick I like to find in a rebuild candidate. That team is Toronto (though I have not decided if I will have the team remain in Toronto or not).

I am formally announcing a full-on fire sale in Toronto. Anyone above the age OS age of 25 is on the block. This includes the likes of pitchers Bill Barr, Rudy Echols, Ray Brooks, Ray Abbot and positional players such as Bill Hinton, Rip Voiselle, Mark Thyme, Walter Vaughn, Harry Dwyer. Some of these guys are worth more than others, and I will strive to get the best fair deal that I can. I can also be a bit accommodating if I think there is a decent chance at getting a beneficial deal done. That said, I really don't tolerate ridiculously one-sided or trash-for-trash offers all that well, especially if they are repeated over and over. I am very willing to package, and really not looking for the world with most of these guys. I do understand what their value may be.

I will be looking for the usual goodies every rebuilding owner wishes for: draft picks, prospects, MLB youngsters (OS 24 or younger) with good potential, and possibly mentors. It looks as though I will be in need of pretty much everything, so there is no preference between pitching and positional.

Oh, and to get this out of the way now: Mike Bush, Mark Leary, Snapper Wilson, Arlie Knode, and Charlie Turnbow are absolutely off the table... unless you can come up with something absolutely incredible that will help a longterm rebuild. But if you can, make me an offer I can't refuse! Alan Marqis and Ken Murray are mostly off the table, but could possibly be had with the right deal or package.

So, if interested, take a look. Feel free to message me if you'd like or go ahead and send an offer. Obviously I can't act upon anything until the teams switch over in a few days, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Good luck to both New York teams, Oakland, and Atlanta in the playoffs beginning tomorrow. I, myself, have 2 teams (out of 4) making their bids for championships. Both finished with the best records in their leagues, one even breaking my own personal record with 123 wins. So, I expect both to be swept in a truly terrible fashion!
docjwe3

Re: Hello Dom DiMaggio League!

Post by docjwe3 »

Welcome to the DDL
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

Glad to have you aboard. It's great to have another good owner here in the DDL. Speaking of which, congratulations on your pennants with the Reavers and the Peach Cobblers. Good luck in the WS. I'll be taking a look at your roster to see if there's anyone I like. Take a look at my Giants and let me know if you find anyone of interest.

I see you're also entering the MML. So am I - Philadelphia. They appear to be rivals, like the Reavers and Massacre. Hopefully, my guys will fare better in this match-up. Welcome again and good luck. Just not too much!
DeepThreat

Post by DeepThreat »

Hey there, Historyman! We've had a nice little rivalry brewing over in the VPL the past few years. To be honest, it seemed like you and maeberwal were going to leave me behind in the dust again. For the second straight year, my offense couldn't really get going. It's forcing me to try moving the walls of my cavern in a few feet and hope that doesn't hurt my aging pitching staff too much. But, with how the playoffs are panning out... I may reverse that idea since the homefield advantage seems to be very real with that stadium design and my players' skill sets.

This rebuild looks like it will probably be a long one, but over in the Minoso league, I've got some truly interesting trade chips that should bring in a bundle of nice prospects/draft picks. Figured if I was going to try a potential final tour of SD, might as well join up in a couple of leagues I've heard good things about but have never played in.
DeepThreat

Post by DeepThreat »

Thank you for the welcome, Doc!
Lawman23

Post by Lawman23 »

Historyman ,good luck in MML. That was my Philly team you have purchased. You are in good shape for some years yet , I just needed to downsize some and that was the team I let go. Good mix of some vets and studs in their prime.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

DeepThreat wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:33 am Long time SD veteran here who enjoys rebuilding troubled teams and whipping the virtual players into eventual contention like the digital slaves they are! Oh wait, that wasn't very PC of me. My apologies to those who might lack a sense of humor. This is my first time in the DDL. Some of you know me and have played against me in previous leagues. Some have even worked out trades which benefited the both of us. Others I do not know, but hope to broker a strong working relationship with.
Thanks for the introduction and the info. Sorry to have lost you in the MML. That said, glad to have you here in the DDL! :D

I'd love to make some deals, although I usually pick my spots instead of wheeling and dealing. I have New York (NL) looking to compete for the next 5 years. I've got some interesting young guys you might find fit your needs. That said, Toronto's shelves are stocked relatively low right now in difference makers. I see Rip, Margis, Vaughn, Barr, Brooks, Abbott, and Echols as being of value. Out of those, I think Margis, Barr, and Echols are the most interesting.

Return to “Dom DiMaggio League”